So who's super disappointed?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Those figures are just estimates, they have no idea how much Motorola pays for parts or how long each device takes to assemble (labor). Why not just quote a Wikipedia article, we all know if it's on the internet it must be correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Those figures are just estimates, they have no idea how much Motorola pays for parts or how long each device takes to assemble (labor). Why not just quote a Wikipedia article, we all know if it's on the internet it must be correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

...well that's logical considering everything is thus an estimate.

View attachment 66028

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I think carriers treat nexus type phone step child.

Look at nexus s for sprint in 2011 in march same in august for att.
Galaxy nexus in december 2011 verizon and sprint again in march 2012.

Same with tmobile with the nexus 4 this year. Non of carriers care they treat this device like option for geeks.

Google doesn't do good job either at promoting as much, beside release the new version of it.

Sony is step child should stop releasing android in us. Att didn't care last year for it with the xperia ion. Neither is tmobile with xperia z good phone that get left out.

If motorola doesn't step up promoting on moto x it will follow the same storyline like the nexus.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model

dl1762

Reaction score
I agree with cattledog, whats the prob adding a sd slot ? Memory is cheap let us use it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Don't like move to samsung don't come to moto forum to put ppl down with their choices.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I agree with cattledog, whats the prob adding a sd slot ? Memory is cheap let us use it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

It's not the cost, it's the industry shifting toward cloud dependency. It could cost them nothing and they wouldn't include it anyhow.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I just received my moto x today and I will say this: I am far more happy with it than I initially thought I would be. The thing is snappy, display is great, battery has been more than enough to get me through a day or 2, audio is crisp, reception is second to none, the camera isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and the build is sturdy.

Reason I ended up with one? I decided it was time to switch back to Verizon after attempting to try a different provider and for $140 to get a moto x I figured there wasn't much to lose. Only thing i was hesitant on was going down in display size compared to my note 2. Did I love my note 2? No. I liked it enough to use it. I've completely lost interest in all things Samsung lately. Not a fan of the cheap builds.

Are there flaws with the moto x? Sure! An SD card slot would be nice, but I actually use my computer to store most things. 16 GB is more than enough to keep pictures and rotate music playlists. Specs wise, yeah sure they could have put a snapdragon 800, but this thing keeps up just as well and probably better than my note 2.

All in all, I think once people get a chance to play around with one , it'll speak for itself. Try one before you judge it. I'm glad I did.

Sent from my MOTO X

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
Are there flaws with the moto x? Sure! An SD card slot would be nice, but I actually use my computer to store most things. 16 GB is more than enough to keep pictures and rotate music playlists.

Sent from my MOTO X

I have over 36 GB of music on my SD card, and every time I buy a CD that number gets bigger. I'm on my 4th Motorola smartphone, I was hoping to get a 5th. Maybe next generation.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
It's not the cost, it's the industry shifting toward cloud dependency. It could cost them nothing and they wouldn't include it anyhow.

I have over 36 GB of music on my SD card, and every time I buy a CD that number gets bigger. I'm on my 4th Motorola smartphone, I was hoping to get a 5th. Maybe next generation.

Apparently it will cost them. I would buy either the X or the Mini if either had SD card expansion. I want my music, pics and videos on my phone and tablet, so either without memory expansion and only 16GB memory is a no go. I don't want to have to be concerned about having service or exceeding 2GB data and I have no intention of paying full price for the phone just to keep unlimited, when I only use less than 1GB per month when I have all files on my phone. Memory expansion and replaceable battery are probably big reasons why Samsung is the Android sales leader.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Im waiting for my x to be delivered today!!!! Sd card is a plus but not a necessity for me! I dont stream a lot of music and when I do I use google play. Phone looks solid to me and I am not hung up on the specs. 16gb is large enough for me since the bulk of my storage is pics. When full i'll dump to my computer and I always have all my pics anyway since I back up to google +.

llsee

Reaction score
I find the release of the new Droids (Ultra-Max-Mini) within days of the Moto-X to be odd. My VZW contract excpired on 9/1, and having read/heard all the hype surrounding the X decided to stop by the local Verizon store to get a hands on perspective. Surprisingly, the store was not busy when I got there, so I was able to handle and look as much as I wanted. Certainly beauty, desire and in the case of cell phones, need is in the eye of the beholder. At first I was disappointed in the lack of an SD slot on any of these phones, but then I realized that I don't carry my life on my phone, and I had not come close to filling he SD card on my old Incredible2, and it only had 2GB of storage. I also don't believe that bigger is always better, and the Droid Ultra and Max just felt too big in my hand, as did the S4.I also considered the HTC One, but just didn't like the way it felt. So, that left the X and the Mini. Both are very similar. They have the same processor, memory, camera, VZW software, Google software and capabilities, and similar carbon-fiber bodies. The X has a 4.7" AMOLED screen, the Mini is 4.3", the Mini gets marginally better battery life, and the Mini has wireless charging. Oh, and 1 other difference, the mini is $99, half the price of the X. My bifocal needing eyes could not see a difference between the X and Mini screen clarity. So, to my eye, the 50% difference in price and wireless charging capabilities more than made up for the 18% difference in screen real estate. I opted for the Mini.

At less than 1 week of ownership, I am still in the 'honeymoon' stage and can't objectively say I love my phone. But, at this stage I have no regrets, and have yet to read anything that is causing any second thoughts. Of course, it remains to be seen if VZW will roll out Android updates faster on the X than they do on the mini. That would make me unhappy. But, given VZW's history, I think we will all be on 4.2.2 longer than we expect to be.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Apparently it will cost them. I would buy either the X or the Mini if either had SD card expansion. I want my music, pics and videos on my phone and tablet, so either without memory expansion and only 16GB memory is a no go. I don't want to have to be concerned about having service or exceeding 2GB data and I have no intention of paying full price for the phone just to keep unlimited, when I only use less than 1GB per month when I have all files on my phone. Memory expansion and replaceable battery are probably big reasons why Samsung is the Android sales leader.

You are one person. Ten thousand could follow your path and it means practically nothing. Sounds like a lot, but ain't jack. More people don't buy the competitors phone simply because of the name of the manufacturer that built it. It's all in a wash, and just like the unlimited plan you so dearly hold (as I do), will also be gone soon enough without anything we can really do about it. You can't take the opinion of the educated on this forum for that of the rest of the market. People are sheep, and the tech industry is their Shepherd. If the trend was to remove all removable batteries, people are still going to buy a new phone sooner or later.