So Who's Actually Happy with their TB?

stonedoubt

Reaction score
I never have problems with my phone. Experience has shown me, beyond a doubt, that 99% of people having issues are idiots.

cisco84

Reaction score
I will be happy when I get 4G and my phone keeps turning off

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
Aside from the GPS issue I had and fixed. Love it.
Build quality is excellent.
Would not compare it to the droid, epic or evo...well maybe the evo.
But its built and looks better then the Evo.

electric6

Reaction score
I never have problems with my phone. Experience has shown me, beyond a doubt, that 99% of people having issues are idiots.

Really? So you have NEVER had a phone with any issue whatsoever? Your statement is blatantly offensive, considering where you are posting. People come to forums like this one to get help with their new device/old device, and here you are trashing them. Not cool man.:icon_eek:

On another note, my tb has been alright. Having had it since launch day, I think a 3 out of 5 star rating is appropriate. I have had issues with reboots, signal quality, reception, software glitches, and some other minor stuff. Having come from an iphone before, it is not nearly as smooth and polished as the former device. But it is far more customizable, tweakable, and access to any application one could desire(weather legal or no) is a important factor in why it is superior to my last device. I have had no reason to root it, as for my needs it serves just fine.

It is not perfect, but thats why i got the year contract. Now im locked into unlimited LTE, and my next device will hopefully have a 5" screen, dual/quad core, 1-2gb of ram, and a hi-res screen. :icon_ banana:

LadyVanilla

Reaction score
I've been around these forums for a few months and see a lot of TB issues that seem to be driving owners nuts.

How many of you are actually HAPPY with your Thunderbolt and wouldn't trade it for the world? (At least until you can upgrade next....)

My wait for the Bionic is getting thin and everytime I see a TB....Iw ant one, but then I remember some things that I read here.

My cell phone is my ONLY phone, so if the reboot issue isn't resolved, there's no way I could get a TB...

But I still want one!

I'm very happy with my phone. I had the iPhone and I had issues as well; no phone is going to be perfect. I would never go back this phone is awesome and the good outways the bad for "me".

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I've been around these forums for a few months and see a lot of TB issues that seem to be driving owners nuts.

How many of you are actually HAPPY with your Thunderbolt and wouldn't trade it for the world? (At least until you can upgrade next....)

My wait for the Bionic is getting thin and everytime I see a TB....Iw ant one, but then I remember some things that I read here.

My cell phone is my ONLY phone, so if the reboot issue isn't resolved, there's no way I could get a TB...

But I still want one!

I'm very happy with my phone. I had the iPhone and I had issues as well; no phone is going to be perfect. I would never go back this phone is awesome and the good outways the bad for "me".

Yes, all phones have issues.
The iPhone just has way more. lol

musculature

Reaction score
Never had a reboot problem, not rooted. Use the hotspot feature all day everyday without issue, Thunderbolt is an awesome phone. dancedroid

Ned

Reaction score
The tbolt has been in our house since the week it came out. It was on my wife's line and she complained about it all the time. I took it over from her and I am very happy with it.

I am coming from a rooted D1 so the bloat on the tbolt had to go. Once I removed everything I did not need want I was very pleased. Smooth, responsive, and I don't even mind sense!

Battery is horrendous but that is to be expected. Was running the test GB build yesterday and got 6 hours out of the phone with heavy usage.

As long as they push "clean" software updates the phone will continue to improve

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I got my TB about 2 weeks ago, at first I was not very happy coming from my D1. Mainly the battery life and the GPS taking FOREVER to locate me is what was aggravating me. I lasted 3 days before I rooted ... Since then I have been EXTREMELY happy with this device! GPS lock is 110% better and battery is better as well - still not great, but I admit I keep 4G on all the time, I've become addicted to the speed ;)
Those first three days I was tempted to return it and hold out for something else. SO glad I decided to hang on to it. Do not regret it at all ... now we just need a GB radio that won't potentially brick our devices :) Sense 3.0 was NICE!

jjhiza

Reaction score
Which ROM are you using? I have the D1, and my girlfriend has the TB. I was amazed with the TB's speed right out of the box, but considering that I run Liquid Gingerbread on my D1, I can only imagine how quick the TB would be with that ROM on it! It's available on ROM Manager Premium, and I have to say, it's made my Droid better than ever. At the moment, the D1 and the TB are the only supported devices, so if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend that you do so! :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

OP
Murker

Murker

Reaction score
So a lot of happy and/or content campers for the TB.

I'll be honest, I'm terrified of getting one and having this reboot issue. I'm not made of $$ and my cell is my only phone besides my work cell phone. I NEED it to work lol. I know you all do too.

I'm just thinking I'm going to wait until this reboot issues is fully resolved or I'll pick one up right before the tiered data kicks in. That is, if they give us a warning of when it gos into effect.

Lol, this is nuts. All I've done for the past 3 days is think about if I want to get this phone or not.

VZW....You are evil.....pure evil.

countryboy_

Reaction score
Happy with my TB

Best phone I ever had, Use Juice to save battery, cuts everything off when I don't need it, phone last all day, no reboots,never drops calls, like I say best phone ever........

Kid A

Reaction score
I bought a Thunderbolt after owning a Droid 1, and I have to say I was never really impressed by my Droid. Sure, the first month of owning your first smartphone is nice but I felt it was lacking in a lot of areas. Coming from that, the Thunderbolt is generations ahead in my opinion.

The only issue I have ever encountered with my phone has been the random reboots, and that just started after the last update. I have confidence it will be resolved, and once Gingerbread releases things will get even better. I never have had any battery issues with my Bolt either, which is surprising given the amount of people that have had such bad luck with it. Oh, and it's super fast too, and I haven't even rooted it!