So whats with the cases covering the speaker in the back?

MelissAnnH

Reaction score
Okay, so some of the A995 cases have a long thin cut out for the speapker in the back.

Some have a much short thin box cut out for the speaker in the back.

I have been told several different things about whats going on with this ---

why do Droid 2 phone covers have different speaker cut out shapes?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Because the manufacturer could care less about covering the speaker, they are out to make a few bucks and lose sight of what is important to a customer. To have a well done case, I got a case at VZW that fits perfectly and has the speaker cut out perfectly.

cshotter

Reaction score
Body Armor case has the speaker cut out and also has holes cut out for microphones as well.

m42technic

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the speaker actually as wide as the mesh on the back of the phone. Even if some cases only have a one inch slit, that may only be how big the speaker actually is.

jcg11

Reaction score
I would be surprised if the speaker actually as wide as the mesh on the back of the phone. Even if some cases only have a one inch slit, that may only be how big the speaker actually is.

I agree. I remember reading another post about this. I believe the actual speaker is much smaller then the actual mesh grate on the phone. I guess motorola liked the look of the phone with it going all the across the back.

metroplex

Reaction score
The holster/case combo I bought from the Verizon store has all the proper cut-outs for my Droid 2. No complaints. It's made by Superior.

metroplex

Reaction score
FWIW, I noticed that all of the accessories I buy from the Verizon store seem to work exceptionally well with the Droid 2. There's only 1 exception and that is the universal car mount. I bought an Arkon kit for $20 from Amazon and it was much better.

Also, if you can do a search for the same accessory on Amazon, you generally can get it cheaper. I saved over $100 by buying the actual phone and contract via Amazon versus going to the store.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i know for sure that on the droid1 the speaker was about 1/4 of the whole mesh area, so its probably the same on the droid2