1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So whats the difference between all 3 popular ROMS?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Grey Hawk, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Smoked Glass(by Adam), BB, and Sholes 2.0.3.

Whats the difference? Do they look different at all? Details.
  2. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Anyone????
  3. samdevor

samdevor New Member

are you looking for something specific out of a rom, personally i use the bugless, because it looks nice, everything works well,
    sholes is well not the best, its a good concept, and has alot of development done, but its not as stable as bugless
    and i have tried glass, because personally i dont think of it as an actual rom compaired to the other 2 mentioned,
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

BB, Sholes, and Smoked Glass ROM all look the same. Except for if you choose to not theme Sholes with the smoked glass theme...but if you do, they all have the smoked glass theme. BB has a nice looking lock screen that I like very much :)

I would say BB is also the most stable, and reliable....then Sholes and then the Smoked Glass...

Hope this helps!
  5. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Yea I tried 2.0.3 of Sholes last night(was first time I rooted), and using the updater on their site, I pretty much sat back and watched my phone root itself. However I had problems with it FC random apps. So I un-rooted.

Do all 3 pretty much contain the same features?

I notice some say 800mhz OC, 950mhz OC, etc... What do these mean? Is it the default prosscessor speed when installing each ROM? As in if I don't install SetCpu, it will automatically run at 800, 950 etc... Depending on the ROM?
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes they all have basically the same enhancement features....

And yeah those numbers refer to what the CPU is overclocked to on that particular ROM....SetCPU will allow you to set profiles for the speed at different levels with maximum and minimum settings....

For example you can set your phone to underclock itself really low while it's asleep (screen is off) to increase battery life....pretty cool actually cause I get better battery life with my Droid overclocked to 1100MHz then I did at default because I have the profile settings set accordingly...
  7. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

I see. So its the defaulted clock speed for each ROM?

Also say I install BB, as you guys suggested and I want to go back to stock. Can I do this:

Use SMUpdater, choose "Stock 2.0.1 (no root)"

Or does that only work on Sholes ROMS and going back to stock? Its what I used last night to go back to stock.

Also if I can do that, do I have to remove BB first then use SMUpdater or will automatically remove the BB ROM AND Unroot me?
  8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yes they are the defaulted clock speed for that ROM,

And yes you should be able to use SMUpdater to return to stock directly from BB without changing anything....

Hope all this helps!! I gotta get to class now but if you need help you can PM me anytime and I'll try to get to it later and see if I can help you out...

Have a nice day! :)
  9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

They all work, they all are stable.

I think the only real world difference is they all appear to have different names.
  10. Motodroid1996

Motodroid1996 New Member

Does any one knows if any of these rooms would fix my audio sound?

Cuss when I plug my phone to my car stereo and start Pandora the left speakers have some type of sound. Like the speakers where damage with they not.

I know I’m not the only one who had this problem I just don’t know how to fix it.
    Help please.
    Thanks
  11. andysly5

andysly5 New Member

I fixed that audio problm by lowering the media volume on the droid itself. If you have that volume turned all the way up then your car speakers may sound distorted. I lowered it a notch or two and it's fine now.
  12. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

I was first on BB.74 using the great instructions someone posted on here. Then the SMUpdater came out, it seemed like a neat concept so I tried it out next. That was with the 2.0.1 version, like three days later I had to update 2 more times and now I see they are about to be on 2.0.4 tonight. Settled on Smoked Glass 4.1, stable, fast. I have nothing to complain about period. Almost even tried Simply Stunning today, just to check it out.

I think it is just personal preference, you are going to get different answers from everyone, for instance there were like 25 questions when I was installing Sholes, all of which COULD affect your experience on that ROM. I was lucky, didn't have any issues with MT Maps, opted out of the 2.1 launcher (which is also buggy on anything else I've used) If you are anything like me though, you aren't going to stay on anything TOO long.

(Although I MAY try Sholes 2.0.4 again because they mentioned on their site that they added new OC slots...here we go again)

Good Luck!
  13. gnmitchell

gnmitchell New Member

I first tried BB, then tried smoked glass, and currently using sholes 2.0.3. They are all about the same but sholes has been more stable for me. Really like the simply stunning rom and as soon as chevy adds a few programs back I will switch over to that one.
Search tags for this page

whats the difference between no-intro and good roms