So what's the deal with Google voice not being push?

Zargon

Reaction score
...there is no way to have it push SMS to my phone?

Yes. On the web app, click on settings (top right portion of screen), click on the Voicemail & SMS tab. Look at the Voicemail Notifications section, there is a checkbox that says Send a text (SMS) message to:

Make sure the checkbox is checked. Done.

hacksaw

Reaction score
I gotta say the update is very nice. I used to have to have GV send me an email when I got a SMS so that I'd be notified quickly. With the update I don't need to do that anymore. Hurray for no more double notifications.

Silverwing

Reaction score

Yes. On the web app, click on settings (top right portion of screen), click on the Voicemail & SMS tab. Look at the Voicemail Notifications section, there is a checkbox that says Send a text (SMS) message to:

I did that, and I won't receive any messages in my google voice inbox on my droid, unless I actually go into the app, at which time i instantly receive it. What am I missing, I don't want to check for my SMS all the time, id like it to notify me when I get one.

Zargon

Reaction score

I did that, and I won't receive any messages in my google voice inbox on my droid, unless I actually go into the app, at which time i instantly receive it. What am I missing, I don't want to check for my SMS all the time, id like it to notify me when I get one.

Not sure what else to do. Mine works fine, although I don't usually have GV send me texts. I find the Google Voice app notification to be adequate for my needs.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree that instant notification would be ideal but since I have (not infrequently) gotten notification of my Verizon voicemail three days to three weeks after a phone call, I'm extremely satisfied with the notification sent by Google Voice.
VM's not the issue IMO, SMS is. I'm currently having GV forward SMS to my Droid since I frequently run into serious lag when relying on the GV app for SMS. It does seem odd that Google couldn't get SMS to be more timely but hopefully this update will address it.

I'd suggest double-checking the notification settings within the GV app on your Droid.

Last edited:

romeov

Reaction score
There seems to be some serious confusion here so allow me to clarify something.

With today's Google Voice update on your Droid, you now have near instant SMS notifications on your phone.. for free.

Just tested with two separate friends. Both sent text messages that were recieved by my droid via the GV app in less than 15 seconds, might have been faster, it's hard to clock.

WE FINALLY HAVE PUSH SMS!!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
There seems to be some serious confusion here so allow me to clarify something.

With today's Google Voice update on your Droid, you now have near instant SMS notifications on your phone.. for free.

Just tested with two separate friends. Both sent text messages that were recieved by my droid via the GV app in less than 15 seconds, might have been faster, it's hard to clock.

WE FINALLY HAVE PUSH SMS!!

Anyone else have a problem with the new/updated program not showing up in AppsOrganizer (i.e. FolderOrganizer)??? It's showing up in the app drawer but can't get it to show up in AO anywhere to add it to a folder:mad:

Edit:
And now if they would just put a 'schedule' option in like for the phone part (i.e. so I can set it not to forward SMS to my phone at 3am)...

Last edited:
OP
L

lowspeed

Reaction score
Nice i asked for the feature... and in less than a week they implemented it... just for me.

:)