so what's the current consensus on V.2.1?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

In the thread all I see are problems, but maybe they've been fixed? I understand it's experimental, but I'm looking for a new rom and have yet to re-try BB after quickly testing V.1

Is a more complete and stable version be released any time soon?
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

2.1 BBFroyo with P3's 1.25Ghz kernel runs totally stable on my Droid. V0.1 and V0.2 ran pretty good on my droid, but when I upgraded to 2.1 things got really smooth and stable. I did turn off the app2sd auto feature and I do not use Live Wallpapers. I use LauncherPro Beta and I use Setcpu. Also of note is that I run the kernel at 1.25Ghz.

Hope that helps.
  3. jhuntsbery

jhuntsbery New Member

Honestly i tired this as my first Rooted rom as i just rooted a few days back and i had no problems at all. I was using bb1.1 because i love smoked glass theme but now its on .2.1 and im back to that runs flwaless for me have not had anything i use yett not work
  4. tony1208

tony1208 New Member

i been on 2.1 for a week and no issues
  5. bad4u

bad4u New Member

been on .21 since release. Had to remove the shutdown options (sorry pete) im only using chevys 1000 kernel and no setcpu. i dont need the extra200 just for the higher linpack. Using launcherpro and have done the modded VM scripts you see as a sticky here in the BB section. Just installed 928 droids version of smoked black and the old round battery. (warning you have to re install launcher pro after wards, it themes it to an older version)

This thing flies right now. Im :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Take the time to fine tune it and you will be very happy

dont forget to wipe 3x before install to avoid most problems people have had.
  6. groovydeus

groovydeus New Member

To be blunt - it is experimental. If you don't have the tolerance to possibly lock/trash your phone, or your phone requires 100% up time, then this ROM is not for you. Load the latest stable non-Froyo BB.
  7. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

BB 0.21 + virtual memory tweak + baseband update = a great Droid!
  8. coltzfan

coltzfan New Member

Been on 2.1 for a couple of days, with Nextheme, chevy 1.0 kernel with no issues. Had issues with wifi, but found out it to be my router not the phone. RUnning like a champ. Great work Pete!!!!dancedroid
  9. pigpen

pigpen New Member

I"m using BB .21 with stock kernel at 800MHz, baseband update, and smoked glass. I rooted last sunday for the first time, i love it. Very stable.
  10. schollianmj

schollianmj New Member

i kicked it to the curb.... no matter what I did all my widgets adn launcher pro kept dissapearing after a reboot. moved them to the phone. disables installing to SD card completely,, wiped, redid everything... but no matter what as soon as I reboot, launcher pro, Beautiful widgets, mini info panel, setCPU.... alll my widgets are gone as well as random apps. I had to download and install Astro filemanager multiple times. it just got so stupid that I went back to buggless 1.1 ese81.

I know 2.2 is an experimental ROM. I accept that. I in NO WAY am trying to critisize pete or his work. it just didnt like my phone so Im back to one that does.
  11. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

So I took the dive, installed V .2.1 and p3's 1.2ghz kernel

works flawlessly

I just don't know how to do that memory tweak unfortunately

I'm currently reading around as to what I should do next aside from themeing it
  12. breakingjessica

breakingjessica New Member

It didn't give me any problems at all. I wiped data/cache prior to installing even though I was coming from the previous version. I just feel better doing it that way. I think the only script I used was the boot animation, and I used Pete's memory tweaks. I used P3's kernels on it and Chevy's (cannot use Chevy's ULV kerenels, but am currently using his 1 GHz SV and it's awesome). I didn't have any problems at all with it except for some random reboots (not related to the shutdown/reboot shortcuts), and it was very fast. It's a great ROM. And considering it's the experimental version, I can't wait to see what Pete comes up with when the source is released.
  13. Samurai26

Samurai26 New Member

+1 for a "Virtual Memory for Dummies " thread that explains what VM is, what tweaks can be made to it, the effects of some simple tweaks, and how to tweak it!
  14. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

I'm loving my some BB v0.2.1 and to be honest; it's loving me back. :rofl3:

My phone is flying, once I nailed every little user error down (after reading every single post on both 0.2 and 0.2.1, like everyone should, lol) my phone has never been so damn good.

Damn it, keep it to yourself, this is such a great change of pace from all the other threads where everyone and their mama is complaining and asking the same bloody questions 100 times over.....

Read the threads, if you did you would know that you have to move all those apps with widgets you actually wanted to use to internal memory, since this ROM installs everything to SD by default, and restart your launcher after your SD is mounted after you reboot to get the apps on SD to show up in the app tray.....

I'm just kidding, lol. :icon_eek:
  15. ardoreal

ardoreal New Member

Royally blows.

Widgets crap out, home replacements/launchers sporadically lose apps, random reboots, wifi dies periodically, rom manager develops issues while flashing recovery (had to rsd a few times), can't restore apps, can't use the home screen very well in landscape while using the new launcher....

I admire his efforts, but I don't think the issues are hardly worked out at all. This is more like alpha than beta. 1.1 works just fine thank you. Now simply stunning, on the other hand, has none of those issues (nor apps2sd) and works exceptionally well.
  16. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

Worked good for me for a few hours then I started getting random reboots, freezes, lag, etc. Went back to the updated froyo rom but may go back to .2.1 and try a higher voltage kernel
  17. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

can't stand the non-app sync deal, stopped there
  18. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

I really wanted it to work but I had tons of problems including some apps that I use all time time no longer work with 2.2 and all my apps and settings being no more. Also my apps that I had on 2.1 did not sync from my google account and redownload.

I went back to BB 1.1 with the new ChevyNo1's 1.1Ghz Ultra low voltage kernel... super battery life dancedroid... I wish someone would make a "RightMark CPU Clock Utility" for Droid :p
  19. Executioner

Executioner New Member

Great experimenal rom... do not like the shut down keys, removal of app auto RESTORE, and default for app install on SD card... added nex theme and flash beta to finish my install... Bb1.1 is still king
  20. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I really liked the performance on BB v0.2.1. The quadrant scores were always above other roms on froyo and I really think the beast came out in this build. One thing that I didn't like was the shutdown keys, which I deleted, and the apps2sd was turned off right away. After doing that I didn't have any random reboots and it was lightning fast.