So whats the best rom and why?

rcjames

Reaction score
So whats the rom you like and why? This will help me and everyone and i want you're opinion. This is only for droid x smartphone.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no best ROM. Different phones react differently to different ROMS.

boostedhonda

Reaction score

Sorry I mean what the rom you like and why?

Like titans said there is no best rom, every phone reacts different and everyone has different tastes, however the rom I like the most by far is liquid frozen yogurt because of how smooth it runs and how great the battery life is.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

OK titans can we try to be a little more helpful for the ones seeking information? He was speaking specifically about Droid X. All Droid X should react the same to a ROM with the same settings. Problem is that not everyone sets their settings the same.

So to you rcjames, you need to read in the ROMs section for Droid X and see what everyone has to say and take a look at the features and settings that the ROMs have. What you consider to be the best ROM others may not. It is all a matter of personal preference. Read what other users have to say about each of the individual ROMs. That would be the best way to see which ROM meets your needs. Happy ROM hunting.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

OK titans can we try to be a little more helpful for the ones seeking information? He was speaking specifically about Droid X. All Droid X should react the same to a ROM with the same settings. Problem is that not everyone sets their settings the same.

So to you rcjames, you need to read in the ROMs section for Droid X and see what everyone has to say and take a look at the features and settings that the ROMs have. What you consider to be the best ROM others may not. It is all a matter of personal preference. Read what other users have to say about each of the individual ROMs. That would be the best way to see which ROM meets your needs. Happy ROM hunting.

Yea but I don't think theres a all in one thread of this type of question. Forgive me and correct me if there is one. In fact i would like to do a poll but maybe someday.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

Yea but I don't think theres a all in one thread of this type of question. Forgive me and correct me if there is one. In fact i would like to do a poll but maybe someday.

L@@k here Droid X Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well the fact is, is what I said. Don't ask me why, but it is a known fact that ROMs will react differently to different phones. Just look at a developer's rom thread. Some people will say they have great battery life, some say they have terrible battery life with the same settings. Some people say it's fast, some people say it's slow. People have used the same settings as me on a ROM I will not name, it was fast for them, wasn't for me. That's just how it works. The majority of users will find the ROM working a certain way, and a small percentage of users will have their problems. His first post was "What was the best rom" not "What is the rom you like", so I based my response off that. He edited it after.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

I don't know if you knew but this thread is in that subject thread you posted. But yea i'll look through it but all information is all spreaded instead of all in one.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

I don't know if you knew but this thread is in that subject thread you posted. But yea i'll look through it but all information is all spreaded instead of all in one.

LOL yeah I knew it I just was not sure you were aware of it. No there is not an all in one thread and that is probably not a good Idea. How would you keep things straight when people started asking questions about differend ROMs if you had all the ROMs bunched up in a single thread? See where I am going with that? The best that can be done is put them all in a single topic as they have done here. There is a lot of good info here and by the looks of it you got plenty of reading to do so charge up your battery and get comfortable. (if your reading this on your DX that is)

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
So what rom do you like and why?

LOL yeah I knew it I just was not sure you were aware of it. No there is not an all in one thread and that is probably not a good Idea. How would you keep things straight when people started asking questions about differend ROMs if you had all the ROMs bunched up in a single thread? See where I am going with that? The best that can be done is put them all in a single topic as they have done here. There is a lot of good info here and by the looks of it you got plenty of reading to do so charge up your battery and get comfortable. (if your reading this on your DX that is)

Okay :) All i want is just you'rs and people opinion of their rom that they use that they like. That's what its about. Sure if me or other have question we'll either ask here/or a thread created of that rom or a thread that is related to that rom. Sorry about all in one, all in one will just bloat this thread and hard to keep up and understand.

Last edited:

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
remember there is a search function so please before asking try searching first to help keep things orderly if you can't find it with the search feature by all means ask away.

pandabear

Reaction score
My favorite ROM

I'm partial to rubiX Focused 1.0. It's a ROM that completely eliminates blur and provides a simple vanilla android expirence the way the droid x should have been. It's also the FASTEST ROM I've ever loaded, makes me finally feel like the phone is taking advantage of it's 1Ghz chip

quanb24

Reaction score
im on rubiX Focused 1.0 love it so far stable and fast no problems

luv2increase

Reaction score
The two very best ROMS right now for the Droid X are without a doubt Fission 1.1 and Rubix 1.0!!!

Of course, these are only the best if you don't want any BLUR whatsoever on your device like many of us.

If you do like blur, I would have to say that Rubix 0.3 Blurry is your best bet!

Remember, Fission 1.1 and Rubix 1.0 are the closest thing to real, full custom ROMS that we have for the Droid X. They both effectively get rid of absolutely ALL Motorola junk and allows you to start from a purely bone stock Android 2.2 Froyo base. Of course, Rubix 1.0 has been tweaked out a lil bit by DRod2169! However, Fission 1.1 has been deodexed and zip aligned as well!

Last edited: