Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for Droid 5

• Other

• Total voters

GigaJake

Reaction score
I love my Droid 4. I also really enjoyed being a part of the D4 community. However, with little hope for the Droid 5, and low expectations even if it does arrive, I think I'm ready to make the jump to an all touch screen device. So I want to hear from you, the community, on what you think is the best upgrade for the end of August 2013.

Go ahead and vote on the poll and tell me what you think.

I rode the Moto X hype train but after seeing it's mid-range specs I'm not sure saying "Okay Google Now" over and over is enough to justify buying an overpriced mid-range device. Coming from the original Droid series, I'm tired of purchasing a device that isn't top tier.

I tried to avoid the Galaxy S4 because it was the most common android device. If the specs are truly good I'm willing to overlook the plastic body.

I hear the HTC One is the best 2013 device, but I'm absolutely not a fan of Sense 5 and the captivate buttons.

My preferences on a new device:
+ Good Specs
+ Good community/development
+ Google Play edition (are those available for Verizon?)
+ Good battery life
+ Software buttons
- I don't care about the camera
- I don't care about memory (even the un-expandable 16gb Moto X is enough)

Please tell me what you think. As someone who has always purchased a QWERTY Droid I don't have much experience branching out. Thanks in advance.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I have heard all the talk about midrange specs but as far as processor that X8 processor is just as fast as a quad core from all the reviews even droid life who seems to be hard on reviews love it. I'll definitely be checking it out in store myself. Just my opinion

OP
GigaJake

GigaJake

Reaction score
Yeah, the Moto X is definitely my top pick. No hardware buttons, close to vanilla experience, and coming from the D4 the 720p screen will still look good. I'm hoping the community is strong and ready to dev because I don't feel like shelling out $600 bucks for a developer edition.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'd go S4 or Maxx (battery probably makes the Maxx win) but I am a big display guy so.. !