So what should I do with my Droid Eris now that I am getting the D4?

fingaz

Reaction score
Should I.... light it on fire in the VZW parking lot aftet I get my D4, should I run over it with my car, should I throw it off a tall building.. or should I just sell it on ebay? After having the Eris for 2.5 years.. its finally time for an upgrade!

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Keep it as a back up or put it on ebay or something.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
The easist is to sell it or donate it.

But you could also:

Music player.
Game player.
Main alarm clock.

Those are my thoughts for my old D1.

But also...
Clock.
White noise player to help you fall asleep (some of the free ones don't shut off or don't go back to the home screen or whatever--well the one I tried didn't).
Kids toy. Add a bunch of kids games on it for them to play.

I just googled and not much different then what I wrote except, 911 still works on old phones. So you could use it as any of the ideas above, just keep it charged up for an emergency.

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
The easist is to sell it or donate it.

But you could also:

Music player.
Game player.
Main alarm clock.

Those are my thoughts for my old D1.

But also...
Clock.
White noise player to help you fall asleep (some of the free ones don't shut off or don't go back to the home screen or whatever--well the one I tried didn't).
Kids toy. Add a bunch of kids games on it for them to play.

I just googled and not much different then what I wrote except, 911 still works on old phones. So you could use it as any of the ideas above, just keep it charged up for an emergency.

its not good for playing games.. its not good for playing music... but I can trust it to work as an alarm clock.

I was going to make this a funny/joke poll... but I got called into a meeting here at work.. and then i tried to delete the post but couldn't find out how to.

What I really want to do is take it out to a field and bash it with a baseball bat a la "Office Space".
Video link removed.
Needless to say, I can't wait for tomorrow to come!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
[video=youtube;SmukXgZzEQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmukXgZzEQ4&feature=share"][video=youtube;SmukXgZzEQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmukXgZzEQ4[/video][/video]

Reaction score
Lol i was gonna say smash it or run it over. Destroy that nightmare aka eris

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
I think I might use my old Samsung Alias 2 as a paper weight, lol.

Ahh the memories with that phone over almost 3 years, lol.

So glad I decided to make the jump to a smart phone finally!

Kas84

Reaction score
I'd either light it on fire or throw it off a building. I'm kinda interested what would happen if it was set on fire though. However, it would be equally sweet to throw it off a building and then look at the carnage after it lands.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
After having the Eris for 2.5 years.. its finally time for an upgrade!

It was time for an upgrade 2.5 years ago!!!! You are indeed a trooper for hanging on to the Eris for that long, lmao!!!!!!

Still rocking the OG Droid using Tapatalk!!! Until my razr maxx arrives!!!!

Reaction score
Keep it as a backup, that is what I do with my OG Droid. Won't be phone-less for the time it takes for the replacement to arrive in the mail. I know the Eris is crap but it can be made livable with some rooting/tweaking and having the Eris for a few days while your shiny new replacement phone is on the way (if you have an unfortunate incident or it is just glitchy) is better than not having a phone at all. Also if you for some reason decide you hate the D4 you can put the Eris back on as the primary and sell your D4 with a clean ESN to fund another phone of your choosing. I used an even worse smartphone than the Eris for this purpose (Storm 9530...shudder...). You won't get anything for the Eris anyway so unless you take advantage of various buyback programs that will likely only give you $20-$30 it is better to keep as a spare or just remove the battery and replace with as many fireworks as you can stuff in there...