So what is going on?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by LrdElderon, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, What was the reason for moving out of Rom manager? a lot of you people, especially on this forum seem to be under the false impression that koush is making off with tons of money from this and he is not. He's getting a small donation for his work on making this very nice recovery AND tool.

There are donation links for all developers in the rom manager for donations directly to each dev.

I don't see a good reason for pulling out of rom manager. It's recovery is based on a standard that is used across the rest of the android community, it works on multiple phones, and most importantly it already has a decent and stable recovery and all the tools setup to be used as an inclusive rom, kernel, theme repository and ota installer.

You only hurt yourself I think by breaking off. Why try and rebuild the wheel? What made you leave? I saw quite a few people not usually fans of yours try the rom because it was in the manager. I myself was a huge fan of yours, even over at alldroid, but I don't know what happend to you or the fans of your rom. Perhaps ego has gotten to you I don't know.

For followers and lovers of this rom: Hey it's a nice rom I'm not bashing it so don't flame me I don't really care. But you shouldn't go making 1 star ratings on koushes awesome rom manager because blackdroid decided to remove himself from the list. All you show is immaturity by spamming stupid 1 star comments like that.

as for downloading blackdroids from from the manager again? who knows how updated it is or whatever, but if you release your rom for free I'm kinda sure that redistribution is allowed as long as credit in the source is left intact. I mean it's not like we're all saints here right? I mean most of the rom community is using or were using roms made off of stolen or bribed ese builds and just pasted together, and you have others working on htc copyrighted stuff..... *shrugs*

Anyways, Don't want to sit here and write out a lecture. People are free to do as they choose. I for myself just wanted to know what the reason was for moving? and point out that perhaps people should act a little more mature. If you like blackdroid and his rom, good, use it and support him, but stop bashing other devs and community members because they don't support him or choose to use other roms. It only shows lack of maturity on your part.

We're all part of the "ANDROID" community. droid is only 1 phone in the pond. we need to all work together to improve the os.

2. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks couldent agree more koush is da man i gave him $4 for his rom manager because of cyanogen not ud.

3. slayher

slayher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great works LrdEld. I agree with your thoughts entirely.

To add to the 1 star comments, Rom Manager works across several different phones, not just the droid. Its an excellent app for a lot of people. Just keep that in mind. If you don't want to use it then don't.

4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    LrdElerton, perhaps you need to PM Blackdroid personally if you still have questions about the ROM Manager decision. Just because BD left, it doesn't mean you can't keep using Koush or Bugless with it. Flashing back and forth between SPRecovery and CW is not difficult. I have many questions in life, but this is not the end of the world.

5. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to re iterate that I don't hate blackdroid or anyone else and I actually liked his rom.

I just don't like this lashing out and drama fighting going on. it's disturbing and it's kinda why the rest of the android community looks at the droid with disgust. I don't see this stuff go on at xda.

ahh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.