So what does Gingerbread got that Froyo doesn't?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by steveninspokane, Dec 5, 2010.

1. steveninspokane

steveninspokane Member

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but Gingerbread is supposedly coming out soon and I have no idea what changes it will make. I remember when Froyo came out there was a list of changes, but I can't find anything on Gingerbread.

Also, I am on a D2 rooted with z4root, do I need to unroot for a few days while waiting for the OTA?
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

well gingerbread is something you bake for one, it comes in the form of a breadlike substance or a cookie, sometimes as crazy as this may sound even a house. Froyo is actually just short for frozen yogurt.

But being serious, I don't know the exact changes. If you want to accept the OTA you will need to unroot but you can probably just wait for the Roms to come out with gingerbread.
  3. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

Google sure is keeping their mouths shut about Gingerbread.
  4. 2385amh

2385amh New Member

No you dont need to unroot while waiting for the update, But one important point that you should know is that even though 2.3 is "coming out" in the next few days it isnt actually going to be on any phones for a little while except maybe the nexus one. The rest of the phones will be updated if and when the manufactures get around to it. heres hoping its sooner then later
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
Search tags for this page
what da the gingerbread update do

what features does gingerbread have