1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So what clogs these things up?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by speedfreeq, Feb 13, 2011.

1. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

I've had 4.2 running since the beta dropped. Over the past week or ten days, it got really laggy. I wiped cache and Dalvik cache, downclocked, even switched kernels. Nothing helped really, so I backed everything up and did a fresh wipe & flash...now it's rocking the way I remember, and with the stock kernel.
    So my question is why?? What else gets clogged up enough under everyday use to cause these symptoms?
    By this point, I had flashed a couple different themes, downloaded a number of new apps, uninstalled a few...can somebody here explain what might happen to slow the old girl down?

-from my P.E.-flavored Droid.
  2. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx New Member

Is compcache enabled or disabled? I have used compcache in other custom roms and have found that within a week things start to bog down. I am not using compcache in PE 4.2 and so far, so good.

I don't know if this is the culprit. I normally reboot my droid everyday also.
  3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

Do you or did you have audio manager installed? I had that app installed and come to find out that's the app that gave me my fc and all the lagging. Just a thought. I think a lot of the lagging with these phones are apps that are installed. Atleast it was for me. I uninstalled a bunch that I neve used and now I'm good to go...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

Same here I disabled compcache and it is a lot better.

5. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

Honestly, I don't even know what compcache is, so I've never used it. And i deleted the DSP manager in my last install, b/c i never use it either.

-from my P.E.-flavored Droid.
  6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

well I freeze all the apps stock apps that I don't use besides uninstalling them just in case. Freezing them takes them out of app drawer also and they won't start up or nothing. I froze stock music player and other stock items that didn't get used.

7. mxnut

mxnut New Member

I too have had some similar issues. And like you, the fresh install made things work well. Maybe this is way out there, but I wonder if the app updates in some way have adverse effects on the way these things operate.
    Just a thought.
  8. andysly5

andysly5 New Member

Twice in the last 2 days I've noticed my Droid get laggy and the cpu temp rise from 28 or so to about 38-39. I wne into settings/applications/running and noticed that every single running app had "restarting" as its status. The only thing I could do to stop it was a reboot. After that, the phone would be as fast as ever.

Any ideas why all running apps would restart themselves and then get stuck?