So what big new potential idea could set Android above Apple phones/tablets?

knighthonor

Reaction score
So what big new upcoming potential idea/concept could set Android above Apple phones/tablets?

Not sure if this forum has insiders, and rumors, but if so, any upcoming projects and rumors you believe stand out well enough to out do Apple's mobile phone and tablets?

diablo81588

Reaction score
Android is so far ahead of iOS in features already. I'm sure they'll continue to innovate, but I don't think they need additional features to stand out. Apple plays catch up every phone release. Their last innovative phone was the iPhone 4.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
well just the other day, my old supervisor was showing off his projector for his Iphone.
Now thats seem like something new and cool to me. a Miniprojector built to the phone.

I am talking about new features like that.

besides, what are the list of features that the Android has over the Iphone 5, because I would sure like to check them out if they interesting.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I say we need a better setup for music. With the change to media xfer protocol for moving music files, getting music onto the phone has become a nightmare even on Linux. It's worse for Mac users. And no, Google music is not an option for those of us on tiered plans/who prefer FLAC.

Breakfast beats worrying.

tchalm

Reaction score
Quite often, the way to gain market share is not by bringing out new features, but rather to make improvements on the basic features that people complain about. For instance, the stock apps that people expect to work well often times drive people crazy and when renewal time comes, they're gone.

For instance, on Droid4 with Jelly Bean...

1) The stock calendar drives me nuts and I'm not about to try 12 other calendars looking for one I like, or buy a calendar when the stock calendar should work fine. In order to enter an appointment, you have to play this dumb video game with the time wheels in order set the time and dialing in the correct time for a meeting like 2:15 - 2:30 can take far longer than it should. On Blackberry, it's tap, tap type in the time and you're done. On Droid4 you can't type in the time so you're still playing with the dials.

2) The Droid4 camera totally sucks. There is nothing good about it. Focusing is awful, no image stabilization, the menus for its controls....

3) The phone = you tap the phone button and you can switch between Dialer, Recent, and Favorites. But to get to the list of contacts, you have to exit and go to People. Arrrg!

There are more, but now I'm mad and want to throw the phone out the window, so I better stop.

TChalm