So we've heard the radio issues on Verizon network....

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Here are latest screen shots showing you all what I mean...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Latest speed test

I know may be meek to some of your butt for me to have over one meg download speed in an extended 3G area is huge!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Latest speed test

I know may be meek to some of your butt for me to have over one meg download speed in an extended 3G area is huge!

Yeah, I might have to look up how to do this in a month or so since I'll be moving, if I'm lucky I'll get to a 4g area or at least as good of a 3g area I'm in now (average speed test is 2 mb/s +, best of 2.6 down and 1.4 up)... If I'm not in a good spot then I'll definitely be looking back here
Are my speeds average for a decent 3g area or I'm I really in a great spot? Just wanna know what to expect

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Hey guys... So I just wanted to show you my rocking 4G signal in Madison. Five months owning the phone and this is my first experience...
I don't ever want to go home.... Im blowing my Cable WIFI speeds away! Holy smoking speeds Batman

jays91ls

Reaction score
My speeds are pretty consistent, so much so i don't even use wifi when I'm home cause its faster than my cable internet

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Ha ha, sure, rub it in... I'm amazed at what 4G can truly do...

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Yeah, I might have to look up how to do this in a month or so since I'll be moving, if I'm lucky I'll get to a 4g area or at least as good of a 3g area I'm in now (average speed test is 2 mb/s +, best of 2.6 down and 1.4 up)... If I'm not in a good spot then I'll definitely be looking back here
Are my speeds average for a decent 3g area or I'm I really in a great spot? Just wanna know what to expect

Very good speeds! I'd die for 2.5 down and close to 1.5 up, keep your fingers crossed you can maintain those speeds when you move or are lucky enough to end up in a 4G market.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very good speeds! I'd die for 2.5 down and close to 1.5 up, keep your fingers crossed you can maintain those speeds when you move or are lucky enough to end up in a 4G market.

well I know 4g is close, only about 20 miles away, and I heard they are supposed to expand it this month or at least by June and I don't plan on moving too too far so I might get lucky

yeoj1323

Reaction score
I have had this problem as well before, of you are in an extended 4g network area, your phone is trying to access verizons 4g instead of 3g if you know the 3g in your area is reliable change the radio settings to cdma only, not cdma/lte, this solved my problem before, sure you may not access 4g automatically while in 4g coverage, but you should remain connected to 3g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Hi again folks, hope all is well! Sorry Judy11 for just now responding, I missed your post some how. I most definitely changed the LTE/CDMA TO CDMA only. In fact, I encourage you to review some of my snapshots and posts. I go a step further and use EVDO only. Although no one has yet been able to figure out how to block eHRPD connections like with the Rezound as an example. I'm hoping as more users find these issues nationwide and then come back here to share it with all of us... Someone will find the magic key! Ha ha... I wanted to mention and don't remember if I had a chance to post prior to heading off to all meetings but I hit over... Lol, I'll just attach the shot lol!

One thing to note: I haven't researched this much as yesterdays coupled with today were my first taste of 4G future nationwide connectivity and I lived it minds one major caveat... I've heard it blows thru batteries is an understatement... I hardly messed with my phone all day as I was in meetings and my battery died completely before two pm... Talk about "wheezing" my juice... More like a battery vampire sucking the life out of my phone!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
i just wonder vzw is going to 'turn on' 4g in jackson, ms.... ive been getting told that for a year now and that it in test mode at the airport, which is worthless seeing that the airport has their own top notch wifi going... Its this inconsistent bs that burns me with vzw but they sure are consistent with those price hikes tho huh lol

oh well im in jonesboro, ar for now in nursing school, and im eating that 4g like hot sushi lol lol. i usually average 18 mb down 6 up on galaxy nexus 4g... :biggrin:

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
Evening Nexus users. Update on testing, overall my recent thread has been my most stable and best overall 3G experience while in extended coverage area.
The latest set i'm rocking has been up for the past two days and has held fairly stable even with updating some themes a well as adding Franco 141 nightly. (it's rocked for me this far btw)...
I'll include a snapshot of build and latest speed tests. Been consistently between 1 - 1.5 ghz connection download ability. While some may think that speed is crap (and I would agree, lol) as they say, beggar can't be choosers and typically I've only averaged around 500k. Yuck!

I'm using a hybrid CDMA 4.0.4 radio with 4.0.2 LTE. two days and my only issues come when i'm flashing other theme, kernel, whatever...
I keep hearing that none of these things should effect radios... To this, I would also agree, yet funny how it does ;-)

OP
D

Disention

Reaction score
There are some decent radio posts on xda along with rootzwiki that have some decent radio updates. I'm sorry my testing is complete since I have 4g and never drop data any longer.