So Very Underwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I feel like my girlfriend broke up w/ me. I was so anxious for this phone, coming from a Droid Inc that I hated. I can't believe how much this phone sucks. Motorola should be ashamed.

the _only_ nice thing about this phone is the ability to set a timer before the pattern matching requirement kicks in when screen shuts off.

first. it's s l o w. i was able to pull my magellan out of the glove box, plug it in, and enter my destination waiting for the gps to realize it was running. my buddy's N1 finished playing the youtube vid before my X started. (yeah. we loaded same vid, starting at same time). Find nearest Starbucks? 45 seconds.

My dad may be pleased knowing where a starbucks is 45 seconds after wondering, but come on. He still drives a buick.

The screen. Soo washed out compared to D.Inc. and resolution. I know it's the same, but it looks like I am reading a large print version of a book.

Riddle me this: Why does a 3.7" D.Inc fit 20 'shortcuts' into a folder, and the 4.3 inch X only fit 16? It just looks soo clunky.

Contact 'shortcuts'? Choose between 2 (two) activities you do most often. TWO? wtf? why isn't everything possible listed below the shortcut when it is selected. Or is that only native Android. Nice improvement Moto.

and why is the shortcut double the size necessary? wtf.

dialing? no name lookup. scroll through your contact list. very intuitive.

How about widgets? Add widget: Android or Moto? how do i know? if it's not in one, check the other? what kind of bs is that?

So much more to B~tch about, but I'm starting to annoy myself. this rant has gone on long enough. bit the bar was soo low coming from my incredible - which I hated due to signal strength- that I didn't think the X could possibly disappoint. But it did. Guess I'm sending the X back and keeping the D.Inc.

and that's before thinking about custom ROMs (about a 5% chance that I may want to try something down the road). but options are a good thing. Thx again moto.

-anyMorePissedOffIMightBuyAniPhone

Can any of the above be 'set' somewhere?

Izord

Reaction score
I have a few phones, and like this one the best.

Try the market for different apps if you don't like the included ones. There's only like >9000 apps in the market, you may find one you like.

:icon_ banana:

Fresnel

Reaction score
That sucks, I hate buyer's remorse.

I'll trade you a BB 8830, I'm sure it will really underwhelm you :laugh:

Have you tried a different launcher and/or apps?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like Android is not for you....

And did you register just to complain?

OP
A
Reaction score
That sucks, I hate buyer's remorse.

I'll trade you a BB 8830, I'm sure it will really underwhelm you :laugh:

Have you tried a different launcher and/or apps?

lol. nice.

to a small extent, yes. I've tried various apps. a lot of my frustration stemmed from the apps i used on my D.Inc not 'feeling' the same on the X. took me forever to figure out that any widget that is not a Moto widget is an 'Android' widget. but then the available widgets 'choices' are more limited. Quick Settings. on the DInc I was able to set a shortcut for each controlled function: GPS, bluetooth, wifi, etc. They may still exist on the X, but I can't find them. And that is almost more frustrating than them not being there. I'm a smart dude. almost smart enough to run linux. i shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes looking for a way to toggle gps. Which, when I try to toggle gps w/ Quick Settings, it takes me to the gps settings page instead of just a quick toggle. nice...

now moto has individual 'control panel' icons. but they're double the size, and look like a~~.

thx for the thought tho..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol. nice.

to a small extent, yes. I've tried various apps. a lot of my frustration stemmed from the apps i used on my D.Inc not 'feeling' the same on the X. took me forever to figure out that any widget that is not a Moto widget is an 'Android' widget. but then the available widgets 'choices' are more limited. Quick Settings. on the DInc I was able to set a shortcut for each controlled function: GPS, bluetooth, wifi, etc. They may still exist on the X, but I can't find them. And that is almost more frustrating than them not being there. I'm a smart dude. almost smart enough to run linux. i shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes looking for a way to toggle gps. Which, when I try to toggle gps w/ Quick Settings, it takes me to the gps settings page instead of just a quick toggle. nice...

now moto has individual 'control panel' icons. but they're double the size, and look like a~~.

thx for the thought tho..

So really what you're saying is you don't understand how to use it. At least that's what I get out of your opening statement, where I could tell you didn't understand how to do things like search for contacts.

Droid has a huge learning curve. No matter how smart you are it takes a while to learn how to do the basics. I'm not that smart, it took me quite a while to learn it but now that I have I love it. Well, I loved it when I saw how fast the browser was to tell you the truth.

So good luck with your Incredible. It's a great phone I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

OP
A
Reaction score

Maybe motoblur is not for me. so let's not jump to conclusions.
and no. I registered to vent, hoping some other user could shed light on something i'm doing wrong or something I should try.

or, if there are others who feel the same way, give them a forum to voice their concerns. Maybe moto will fix something if enough people feel the same way.

Is this forum censored? only fanboys can post w/out being questioned as to their motives? I'm kinda surprised to hear that..

androids_ftw

Reaction score
I think the problem with your rant, as someone previously stated, is that you just don't know how to use the features you seek i.e. contacts

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Maybe motoblur is not for me. so let's not jump to conclusions.
and no. I registered to vent, hoping some other user could shed light on something i'm doing wrong or something I should try.

or, if there are others who feel the same way, give them a forum to voice their concerns. Maybe moto will fix something if enough people feel the same way.

Is this forum censored? only fanboys can post w/out being questioned as to their motives? I'm kinda surprised to hear that..

Not at all, Just always find it off that someone's first post is complaining...Please speak your mind. We'll let you know if you overstep forum rules.

barski

Reaction score
i would just give it some time, get to know it. learning is a requirement. i just got the Droid X as my first smartphone and first droid ran phone. I love it.

also there is a help part in the droid x itself, click the search button then type help. That will give you a good run down.

Immolate

Reaction score
Honestly, unless you're up against a time constraint, I would give the phone a few days to grow on you. Right now, you're missing all of the things that the Incredible did differently, but that will diminish with time, and you'll come to appreciate the superior construction of the X and to see its eccentricities as "normal". At that point, once the emotional reaction has passed, you can make the best decision for your needs, which might still call for going back to the Inc. There is nothing more personal than choosing a mobile phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.