So Upset...

mayerjackson

Reaction score
I put $100 dollars down for my phone which they said would be in this week but now they are saying that they probably wont be getting a shipment in until August. I'm pretty pissed but what's another 2 weeks? I've waited months for this thing anyways. SO the big question is...

What can i be doing in the meantime to make everything easy and smooth when I get my phone?
Things like downloads on my computer, understanding how to do this or that via a manual, or whatever. What can i be doing now that is going to make everything easy when I FINALLY get my phone?

fecurtis

Reaction score
I put $100 dollars down for my phone which they said would be in this week but now they are saying that they probably wont be getting a shipment in until August. I'm pretty pissed but what's another 2 weeks? I've waited months for this thing anyways. SO the big question is...

What can i be doing in the meantime to make everything easy and smooth when I get my phone?
Things like downloads on my computer, understanding how to do this or that via a manual, or whatever. What can i be doing now that is going to make everything easy when I FINALLY get my phone?

Is this your first Android phone? Look up apps that you may be interested in. Also, if you don't have things like a google account, gmail, google maps, etc, may wanna look into setting all that up.

woosung

Reaction score
well you can start by reading the 60 something pages of the droid x manual

Link: Droid X

you should def. get a gmail account so you can buy apps on the market. other than that just be patient. my droid x comes in 2 weeks as well!

dadarkside

Reaction score
hope this helps:

to make my transition go as smooth as possible, i created a gmail account (i never had one before). i exported all of my contacts and calander entries in my outlook and imported to my gmail account. i also use my outlook todo list ALOT so i looked for an alternative to use on the android os. i narrowed down my choices to gTasks and Remember The Milk. I am going with Remember the Milk and as soon as I find the time i'll import my tasks into RTM and then download the RTM app for android once my droid x comes.

i also converted alot of movies/shows for the droid x. i haven't read the manual (because im lazy) but that would be next thing. also, look for apps that you may want to get.

allstar5101

Reaction score
create a gmail account, research apps, import all your contacts to gmail, and read forms

Yarzospatflute

Reaction score
I just ordered one from wirefly yesterday, it shipped this morning and is due for delivery on Monday. Get your $100 back from wherever you went and order from wirefly. Plus it's $179 and no sales tax.

Kandiru

Reaction score
Awesome guys, loved reading above, as my phone arrives tomorrow.

Also i discovered and like a lot Google Voice, finally i can filter calls and call to Europe.

As you all know, the basic hacking to allow super administrator privileges and free tethering has been done today, as already posted. Don't forget please that bluetooth tethering comes free without the Unix hack using PdaNet. So not worth risking a brick on a typo when you can have it via PdaNet. Oh yes, when DX gets de-eFused and bootloader unlocked, the major Unix xxxx can start, but not for us commoners.

Two very important apps IMHO for the confidential info:

Protector Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

and Mobile Defense, kinda like lo-jack:

Mobile Defense Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

rickreno

Reaction score
Buy a small wagon and portable generator so you can keep the thing charged.

Kandiru

Reaction score

Solar charger, remember we need to stop stealing and polluting with oil or end up in thermonuclear war with the Middle Kingdom over it:

USB Solar Battery Charger for Mobile Cell Phone MP3 MP4

No, don't worry, he'll let you keep your guns for a little while:)

One thing i hate is corrupt politicians. Anticipated apologies to the moderators!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
create a gmail account, research apps, import all your contacts to gmail, and read forms

Get's my award for best answer of the morning. Understanding that it's a google phone and being prepared in that way helps out so much.

rickreno

Reaction score

Solar charger, remember we need to stop stealing and polluting with oil or end up in thermonuclear war with the Middle Kingdom over it:

USB Solar Battery Charger for Mobile Cell Phone MP3 MP4

No, don't worry, he'll let you keep your guns for a little while:)

One thing i hate is corrupt politicians. Anticipated apologies to the moderators!

I live in the Pacific Northwet, if I relied on solar power for anything I'd be in the dark.:)

OP
M

mayerjackson

Reaction score

Get's my award for best answer of the morning. Understanding that it's a google phone and being prepared in that way helps out so much.

So how do I do this? Right now i have a little flip alltel motorola phone. It isn't anything special at all. I already use gmail as my primary email but how do i upload the contacts. Also... Where do i research apps? I was told you could only do this through the marketplace once you have your phone.