1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So this is what I wanna do.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Syraz, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Syraz

Syraz New Member

I love the nexTANG theme well except for the orange color. I haven't done any theme editing yet and figured lets start here. I just want to change the orange colors to reds via photoshop. After I do all that.. how do I get it to my phone is the question..thank you

Michael.
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Changing colors may SEEM simple, but lets just say that I have my Luna Theme in blue and I have been working to change it to other colors for weeks now. You have to change all the PNG files, then alter the progress_horizontal.xml if you want progress bars to be another color too, then you have to learn about 9-patch images, change all of them, then re-compile the 9-patch PNG files. Then you have to make an update.zip that you install to your phone. More complicated than you think...
  3. Syraz

Syraz New Member

Compaired to what I have done in past not bad just haven't found right howto guide. I come from iphone app developement, heavy linux user, used to live in #suse irc on freenode..could go on. Did some reading on .9.png
  4. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Take the nextang theme, unpack on your computer. Make a photoshop action that adjusts the hue from orange to red. Run a batch job on the entire directory tree that adjusts those images. Edit the xmls so that they include the color code of your new red hue. Take all these edited files and drag them into the original zip (so you don't have to resign).

Push and enjoy.
  5. Syraz

Syraz New Member

Thanks.. sorta what I was doing..
    not done with everything but tested to see if it worked

gotta redo some reds on first image in this screen shot and the glow in last screen shot on pulldown drawer..

got other things red but didnt get shots of them.. happy this worked easier than expected