1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So the quest for the home replacement app begins...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by kmkeck, Feb 9, 2010.

1. kmkeck

kmkeck New Member

I was hoping for a lot of the cool little features of the N1;s 2.1 OS to make it to the Droid, but it looks like that's not happening. I have always loved the snappiness of the default home screen, but it has been a while since I have tried and replacements.

Performance was pretty poor when the Droid was first released. Has there been any improvements? Which one's are now worth checking out?
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

root it and run pete's bugless beast, or bugless beauty(if you don't wish to overclock) the bugless roms are better than any home replacement app.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^+1, Pete's BB is GREAT and has most of the things people have been wanting from 2.1.

Note: I also use Home++ just because I like the bottom row of 'soft-keys' (or whatever you want to call them). Home++ and BB have been playing very well together and I have NO plans on loading the OTA when/if it's released.
  4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

^^ Agreed with the above.. the 2.1 ROM's (I'm using sholes) with the smoked glass are just awesome home pages. 5 home pages, the stripe with wifi, blutooth, sleep mode, gps on it is great.... I briefly tried Home++ and Panda Home.. and hated them both....
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yep, I can't stand home replacements....they take away from the originality of the phone to me...I want the "Google experience" lol
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

yup have to say has been the best one so far

I tried home++, GDE, and a few other ones that i dont recall

got tired of them being so glitchy i just rooted (very simple with the guide that Matth3w has on here) and installed bugless beast
  7. formerstormuser

formerstormuser New Member

Sweeter home is very nice. Requires a bit of learning, but customization is endless. Little buggy at times but very cool overall
  8. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Currently using Adamz Smoked Glass Plus 4.0 ROM (at 800Mhz) with Home++. It is very smooth and fast. I can't give up the excellent Power Strip/Bar's icon shortcuts at the bottom of Home++'s screens.
  9. kmkeck

kmkeck New Member

I took the plunge last night and rooted with BB 7.5. WOW! I love every bit of it. Every little problem I had with the stock ROM has been addressed. I simply cannot believe how fast the phone is now. Does the basic BB ROM install overclock the processor at all, or do I need SetCPU to do that?

I am still a little grey on the whole root thing. Besides being able to use different ROM's, are there are immediate benefits? I know there are several applications (CacheMate) that I can now use, but are there any other settings I can now change? Is it possible to delete some of the installed ringtones? Most are way too "look at me" and there is no point in having them on the phone if I won't use them.

The questions are endless, but I will exercise my search function before reposting everything.

Pete, I owe you my first born for the ROM and for the people that recommended it, you definitely deserve something!
  10. xliderider

xliderider New Member

Kmkeck, you need setcpu. You don't want to run overclocked at all times. Set it to 250Mhz when in sleep/standby, etc to conserve your battery.
  11. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

I vote for Smoked glass with GDE home replacement with a 4 screen cube effect. If non-overclocked, I wouldn't recommend the 4 screen cube.

-Wil