1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So the Droid can be rooted now?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tadas T, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tadas T

Tadas T New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is a working root for the Droid out now isn't there? I'm wondering how stable is this root so far, any problems and is it safe for a n00b like me to give it a try? If it is, than could anyone direct me to a site or post that walks you through rooting step by step. A few basic walkthroughs on what you can do with the rooted Droid would also be awesome!
  2. bots

bots New Member

Wow. Dude not to be an a$$ or anything, but you need to search before posting a question. You will find your answer, and you won't be clogging the forum with useless threads.
  3. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

Judging by the existence of this post, I do not recommend you root your droid.
  4. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

it is awesome. just do it its easy. there is TONS of easy step by step instructions on this site
  5. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

I'm still not sure why it's so awesome. the only possible thing i can think of is removing **** i don't want like amazon mp3 downloader and corporate calendar and such.
  6. cellulararrest

cellulararrest New Member

Do yourself and everyone a favor and do not start removing applications. We have no way to recover anything yet and you don't gain anything substantial from it.

I was able to (luckily) save a kid's infinitely looping phone because he didn't know what he was doing. However that may not always be the case.

Save yourself the trouble and don't do it just yet.
  7. blu1080

blu1080 New Member

its awesome because of what is to come. i rooted my g1 and mytouch 3g and they are way better because of it. there isn't a ton you can do on the droid right now but there are still some useful apps and more on the way.
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to shut this thread down gentlemen because we already have an overwhelming amount of these threads already.

We need to trim some fat...

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.