So sick of so slow!! Missing my iPhone

SpaceballOne

Reaction score
From Verizon (http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=49625);

(Modified by me for Clear Cache rather than Factory Reset)

Alternate method
  1. Power the device off.
    linote.gif
    Press the Power button then select Power off.
    linote.gif
    If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press and hold Power button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to hold Volume Up/Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up/Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. WAIT...this takes about 15 seconds and you'll first see the Motorola Logo, then have a black screen while waiting. Eventually you'll see the GREEN ANDROID on his back with a RED TRIANGLE and BLACK EXCLAMATION MARK (aka Droid triage screen).
  6. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down. (Note: for Jelly Bean, press and HOLD Volume Down, then press Volume Up - Thanks GoCliffGo05)
  7. Select wipe cache partition then press the Power button.
    linote.gif
    Use Volume keys to navigate options.
  8. Once done, reboot system now should be highlighted.
    linote.gif
    Simply press the Power button.
I'm trying to perform this procedure, but I can't do anything once I get to the Triage screen. When I try step 6, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Step 6 differs a bit on JB. At that screen hold volume down and then press volume up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Step 6 differs a bit on JB. At that screen hold volume down and then press volume up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

So THAT'S the trick! Thanks so much GoCliffGo05!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
So THAT'S the trick! Thanks so much GoCliffGo05!

Lol yea. Took me a while to figure that out. I could not get into stock recovery for the life of me.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
The iPhone comment was just to get views. :)

But seriously, this phone (maxx hd) has become so slow that I'm starting to hate it. Unlocking is slow some times. It can literally take 3 - 5 seconds at times to open that app drawer after hitting the button. It's not this slow all the time but is *most* of the time anymore. My apps are a minimum, probably 20 or less. I used to have WidgetLocker and removed it thinking it could be part of the lag... no change.

Three times I have had the device slow down so much that it took a solid 45 seconds or so just to close the screen (hit the lock button on the side and the screen goes black). On a side note, it's kinda cool how the screen shrinks when that happens, it's normally so fast that you can't tell it's actually shrinking when it goes black.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to speed this thing up? OMG, it's SOOOOOOO frustrating to wait so long for things to work.

Oh, and since I'm in vent mode... really sucks that Pandora and USA Today don't work. USA Today boot loops the phone every time I launch the app (so it's removed) and Pandora used to work great until late last week when it started saying "Unfortunately Pandora has stopped". I have removed, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc. Upon some investigation it seems I'm not the only one with the trouble but I admit, this phone is beginning to frustrate me.

I can attest to this lag. My wifes iPhone5 NEVER lags like this thing, I have vented on here before about it. Though I have no intention on getting an iPhone, as the battery and screen size isnt for me, I was a 10 outta 10 at first with this phone, now I am about a 6 outta 10, the camera, SUCKS, and the lag is craptastic.

There is NO solution. None.

This will be probably the best reply you will get.... basically, we have to stop *****ing and move on...

jimmythegent

Reaction score
The iPhone comment was just to get views. :)

But seriously, this phone (maxx hd) has become so slow that I'm starting to hate it. Unlocking is slow some times. It can literally take 3 - 5 seconds at times to open that app drawer after hitting the button. It's not this slow all the time but is *most* of the time anymore. My apps are a minimum, probably 20 or less. I used to have WidgetLocker and removed it thinking it could be part of the lag... no change.

Three times I have had the device slow down so much that it took a solid 45 seconds or so just to close the screen (hit the lock button on the side and the screen goes black). On a side note, it's kinda cool how the screen shrinks when that happens, it's normally so fast that you can't tell it's actually shrinking when it goes black.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to speed this thing up? OMG, it's SOOOOOOO frustrating to wait so long for things to work.

Oh, and since I'm in vent mode... really sucks that Pandora and USA Today don't work. USA Today boot loops the phone every time I launch the app (so it's removed) and Pandora used to work great until late last week when it started saying "Unfortunately Pandora has stopped". I have removed, reinstalled, cleared cache, etc. Upon some investigation it seems I'm not the only one with the trouble but I admit, this phone is beginning to frustrate me.

And none of our iPads are ever lag tastic either. Not a fanboy of either operating system either. If anything still very much a PC guy. Most on here use PCs most of the time. More so than their cell phones. Most will be in denial

OP
A

aharper

Reaction score
Back... device is still slow. Bummer. I thought things sped up for a short while but they got back to sucktastic speeds. When I swipe to unlock it takes several seconds to show me the home screen. From there if I hit the handcent icon it averages about 6 seconds before it opens the app. Just frustrating as I've not had a device that is so unresponsive. I will try to wipe the cache again and am at the point where I may bite the bullet and try to factory reset if I can find some reliable instructions. I hate to have to pull all of my pics, music, etc off the phone, note all of my apps, reset the device and then install it all reconfiguring every application, notification, etc. Such a pain...

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Back... device is still slow. Bummer. I thought things sped up for a short while but they got back to sucktastic speeds. When I swipe to unlock it takes several seconds to show me the home screen. From there if I hit the handcent icon it averages about 6 seconds before it opens the app. Just frustrating as I've not had a device that is so unresponsive. I will try to wipe the cache again and am at the point where I may bite the bullet and try to factory reset if I can find some reliable instructions. I hate to have to pull all of my pics, music, etc off the phone, note all of my apps, reset the device and then install it all reconfiguring every application, notification, etc. Such a pain...

Hey just like my reply to you in the other forum, yes, the phone has a mind of its own, when it wants to, its fine, otherwise its super craptastically lag-a-licious. I mean, its not THAT slow, but for a 700 dollar device, comon... I know we only paid X amount on the upgrade, but there are people out there that actually spent the full 700 beans for this thing, I feel sorry for those folks!

I got the phone in late January for $150, I will, as soon as I find another phone thats similar with the battery and screen, sell this thing for $450 - 500, its in MINT condition, in a case, no scratches, nothing. Then Ill bite the bullet and pay retail for another phone, yeah, will I be out $200 bucks... yes, but I will have learned my lesson, READ the reviews carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

njd1995

Reaction score
thank you

Thank you for the tip for Jelly Bean, i was sitting here cursing holding volume up/down simultaneously. Verizon's website does not mention this.
"From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up/Down. (Note: for Jelly Bean, press and HOLD Volume Down, then press Volume Up - Thanks GoCliffGo05)"