So screwed over.

whitemajic

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start. Last night I got the brilliant idea to unroot from beta 2.2 (Bugless Beast .3) to official 2.2. However when I tried to auto-update from the about me section in the phone, it said I was all up-to-date.

I now sit here six hours later, having gone through literally EVERY SINGLE DAMN 2.2/2.1/2.0.1/2.0 update.zip ****, I don't know which way is up on my phone anymore. The most recent thing I have installed (through RSD Lite) is called
build number "voles-userdebug 2.1 -update1 ESE53 25914 teat-keys"
Kernal version "2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 android-build@apa26#1"

I have no idea what any of this mean, other than I can only use my phone for a paperweight, seeing as I used all the apps in my phone on a day-to-day basis. Now i have read EVERY SINGLE DAMN GUIDE to installing new "update things, I would kindly request a solution, quick.
Oh and so you know what I want from you, official 2.2 froyo. That's IT

I should have thought of post here earlier before I started on this journey, I got so mad I almost cried. Literally on the verge of tears.

Oh and please if you can abide by ONE RULE,

DO NOT LINK ME
I'm sick and tired of those guides.

Thank you very much, and apologies for any offense.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Whitemajic! It's all gonna be ok just hold on. I'll have this moved to the rescue squad and someone will be along to help you soon.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Quick easy thing to do is go to droidmod.org, download DMUpdater 12 run the app it has an option for stock(unrooted) 2.2.
I hope this helps, if you need more help I will be around for a little bit.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick easy thing to do is go to droidmod.org, download DMUpdater 12 run the app it has an option for stock(unrooted) 2.2.
Not trying to hijack this thread. So if we are rooted, lets say I'm running Sapphire and up to date, I could run DMUpdater 12 and will go back to unrooted stock?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this thread. So if we are rooted, lets say I'm running Sapphire and up to date, I could run DMUpdater 12 and will go back to unrooted stock?

Of course why would you ever leave sapphire ... hehehe ...

OP
W

whitemajic

Reaction score
Okay, It says "Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM Updater access yet. You *must* check the remember box!" So I go into Superuser, and nothing shows up, just a blank screen.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Okay, It says "Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM Updater access yet. You *must* check the remember box!" So I go into Superuser, and nothing shows up, just a blank screen.

In DMUpdater there should be a window that comes up asking for SU access.