1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So Pete dropped his ERE25 Rom...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by carbonnoid, Mar 4, 2010.

1. carbonnoid

carbonnoid New Member

He is saying there is no reason to use any 2.01 roms anymore, and is just gonna focus on this rom, so basically 1.2 is the final release. I really dont want jump into a .3 release. What do you guys think of the ERE25 roms out htere now, and how do you feel about them? I am completely happy with my 2.01 rom and my live firework wallpaper. What is so better in this.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I just got done playing with his ERE25. Dang, that thing is FAST!

-Mike
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Agreed!

I've been on v.1 since yesterday. Just upgraded to v.3. Loving it. Can't compare to 2.0.1 Rom, because I rooted to beta test (that's my excuse) his first 2.1 rom. Compared to that, this is mug improved. Snappier. Sexier. WAY better browser.

These roms are based off a beta version o the update we were supposed to get instead of a bunch of stuff ported from the nexus one. They're more optimized for the Droid.

Why NOT hop into a 2.1 rom? I realize the your v1.2 2.0.1 rom feels more stable than you think a v.3 can be, but those 2.0.1 roms have the ported stuff instead of droid-optimized stuff as far as I know.

If you're gonna run a rom with the same stuff, why not use the one optimized for you phone? IMO.

:D
  4. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

ERE25 Based ROMS are rock solid. If you're happy with 2.0.1 then stay with it but I can tell you that the differences are that it feels faster, smoother, and has basically has everything 2.0.1 has except it has the ability to natively run live wallpapers without doing any manual installing.

So if stability is what your going for there really isn't any reason to stay with 2.0.1 other than your favorite ROM is only 2.0.1 based ATM, or you don't feel like upgrading your ROM lol. :)

BTW Pete's v.3 ROM isn't the only one out there, Chevy has his Simply Stunning v2 ROM out as well as updated OC Kernels to run. It's what I'm running now :D
  5. brock

brock New Member

so everyone is running the 2.1 roms now? i was running 7.7 which was 2.1 but then decided to go to 1.1 and fell in love with the speed and stability, but its a 2.0.1 rom.
  6. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

I made the switch to a 2.1 ROM tonight as well. I chose Chevy's. I did have Pete's with Chevy's boot image which was ridiculously fast, because Pete's doesn't OC yet. But it broke my wi-fi so I went to Chevy's. Both of these are amazingly fast, don't think of it as a beta really, it is beta insofaras that it's just coming out, but the building blocks behind the dev's have been working with for awhile now. This is basically the same thing as going to stock when the OTA 2.1 updates come, then rerooting. This is the same update were going to get pretty much, and probably more because we are getting the stripped 2.1.

But anywaysssss, yes, these things are fast and I'd say 95% stable.
  7. Jonny Kansas

Pete's can be oc'd w Chevy's new kernels. There's a 900mhz and 1.2ghz. I've only tried 900, but the link to both is on Pete's alldroid thread about the new rom. As for wifie, mine worked fine on v.1. I'm at work now, where I flashed v.3, but Idk the password for the network here, so I can't say if v.3 broke widow. I imagine he'd have a fix fast as hell if it did...
  8. tats_06

tats_06 New Member

1.2 vs 0.3, etc....version # don't mean much here...Pete started a series of ROMs that are based on the newest leaked 2.1 for Droid and labeled them 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 and so on...

Previous ones were based on Nexus/Desire 2.1, so version #s were different too...to keep track easier.

So lower #s don't mean worse or older at all!!! It's a good thing as this ROM (0.3) is ROCK SOLID and super fast!!! Plus it has a better droid radio, which people have reported feedback of better call quality and reception. ;)
  9. tats_06

tats_06 New Member

I was able to OC mine ;) I just ran update.zip of Chevy's 1.2 kernel over Pete's rom and it worked and still works like a charm :) :icon_ banana:
  10. brock

brock New Member

lol, running it now... seems a big laggier than v1.2 w 2.0.1... if that makes any sense, rofl. pinch zoom is much better though.
  11. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I switched to Pete's ere25 tonight, and I gotta say, this ROM is hands down, the BEST most stable ROM I have ever used yet :)

Seriously, that's all I'm saying
  12. Wags

Wags New Member

The only thing Pete's ERE25 needs is the 7 homescreens from his last 2.1 roms.

Anyway,

the only threads in Chevy's forum for 1.25 gHz are for his SS ROMs. Can someone link to his 1.25 (or 1.2?) gHz kernel only? Thanks!
  13. brock

brock New Member

anybody know of a metamorph theme or something that will change the status bar black in ere2s? i can't deal with this white and the theme i was using before ****ed up my status bar because of the new framework i guess.
  14. tony1208

tony1208 New Member

what kernels you guys using ???????
  15. Wags

Wags New Member

I'm using the Smoked Glass Summerfish MM theme, it's designed for 2.0.1 but it's working fine on my ERE25 2.1 ROM.

[2.0.1 ROM] w/ Summerfish Theme - Smoked Glass 4.5 Edit - Android Forums

I think it's something along the lines of what you're looking for. The notification bar up top is black in this theme.
  16. Jonny Kansas

Afraid she's only 1.1Ghz, but here you go. He's asking for testers in the thread that I got this from, so don't quote me as to whether it'll work or not...lol

Let me know if it does though. I'm only running the new 900mhz because I had confirmation it works and I rarely go higher than 800, but it 1.1 works and works well, I might upgrade.
  17. mrnelson86

mrnelson86 New Member

I'm running chevy's ROM including his 1.25 ghz kernel, and I have no issues whatsoever... I had one hiccup with a video streaming but that may have been something else because I ran streaming video for half an hour yesterday with zero problems.
  18. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Yea it might be a while before I switch, I think 1.1 is awesome, with adamz kernel, plus I have the dark rom patch utilizing 6 homescreens and the home++ launcher(which seems so much more stable installed in this patch) if you add that to my tweaks and changes I've done to the look of various .apk files I just don't want to sacrifice any of it or reinstall all of it to a new rom.

I FINALLY got my droid EXACTLY the way I want it. So until some major things come out I'm gonna stick with a 2.0.1 build and say screw the updates.
  19. Wags

Wags New Member

I used the link in Chevy's forum for his Kernel Testers thread, and SetCPU FC'ed on me the first time I tried to open it...but no more hiccups since. Running smoothly at 1.2 gHz.

I'll update this if anything changes.
  20. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

My favorite theme, Flavored Ice, is only for 2.0.1.

But hey, with the amazing performance and speed of this latest ROM from Pete, I couldn't not switch. I'll find a theme later, or learn how to edit the framework-res.apk in 2.1 myself.

-Mike