So now WTF?

dzone67

Reaction score
I mean? Is there anymore rumors on gingerbread? No more speculations? Nothing? ICS? Anything!?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ICS is along way away for most devices. I'm sure the tbolt will see official GB soon enough.

greyghost04

Reaction score
If you are waiting for OTA GB you probably have a long wait as they pulled the last update because it too was faulty. I know you don't want to root, but unless you do you won't have GB. HTC just can't seem to put a an update that not full of bugs. I rooted and I'm not that smart. Just read the instructions. The 5 minute update took me a few hours, but I got it done. My phone is close to perfect now.:)

RedSectorA

Reaction score
HTC got out their GB update before Sept. 30. That was their only goal. Now soon after the update was pulled and in addition a security hole has been found in Sense. Have we heard word one on the fix for the update for people who got it(vm notifications), a release window for them re-releasing the full ota for people who didn't get the update, or even an update on the security hole besides "we're looking into it"? No. ICS for the TB is a pipe dream going by HTC's current record. In a nutshell HTC can go screw themselves. They have seriously botched the TB and in my view their reputation. The TB will be the last HTC phone I ever buy.

Rhino94

Reaction score
HTC got out their GB update before Sept. 30. That was their only goal. Now soon after the update was pulled and in addition a security hole has been found in Sense. Have we heard word one on the fix for the update for people who got it(vm notifications), a release window for them re-releasing the full ota for people who didn't get the update, or even an update on the security hole besides "we're looking into it"? No. ICS for the TB is a pipe dream going by HTC's current record. In a nutshell HTC can go screw themselves. They have seriously botched the TB and in my view their reputation. The TB will be the last HTC phone I ever buy.

Same here. Next time around I will make sure I invest my money in something worth investing in because that is what a phone is, an investment

Chukee

Reaction score
If buying a cellphone is an investment its the worst investment you can make. It loses value soon as u walk out the door with it. If you really want gb and can't wait for the final release then go to droidpolice.com and install the ruu if its still posted. Will have the bugs in it. And u don't have to root. or wait for the final ota release.

Rhino94

Reaction score
If buying a cellphone is an investment its the worst investment you can make. It loses value soon as u walk out the door with it. If you really want gb and can't wait for the final release then go to droidpolice.com and install the ruu if its still posted. Will have the bugs in it. And u don't have to root. or wait for the final ota release.

Well exactly, they deserve to give us all new phones or to be reimbursed. But just like a brand new car loses its value soon as it is off the lot. Soon as you take your phone out of the store with it you lose value.

punkee75

Reaction score
rooting?

I'm really showing just how much of an amateur I am in asking this question but what ever I DO know about phones & computers has all been self taught thru good 'ol "trial & error" lol... so, here's my question: What exactly is "being rooted" verses not; how do you get "rooted" and what are the 'risks' and benefits of doing so?
If this is too complex of a series of questions to answer, I will understand ... I REALLY want the best for my phone and if being rooted is 'the best' then I wanna try it:)

tbolt1125

Reaction score
There are plenty of forums about rooting go read

sent from the bolt

MrKleen

Reaction score
Man you guys are overly dramatic about this whole thing. My Thunderbolt works perfectly. I've been on gingerbread for months.

My voicemail notifications work and never had a reboot issue.

Its my best phone to date compared to the D1,D2,DX, .

Some people just love to feed into all the negativity instead of being happy.

Archerjostle

Reaction score
Man you guys are overly dramatic about this whole thing. My Thunderbolt works perfectly. I've been on gingerbread for months.

My voicemail notifications work and never had a reboot issue.

Its my best phone to date compared to the D1,D2,DX, .

Some people just love to feed into all the negativity instead of being happy.

So wait, let me get this right. Our phones suck and yours is working so we are over reacting? That makes sense. This is the worst pile of crap on the market and im getting an iphone. I hear that phone dosent reboot, lose its sound, lose its video, lose its notifications. HTC has proven there worth

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
So wait, let me get this right. Our phones suck and yours is working so we are over reacting? That makes sense. This is the worst pile of crap on the market and im getting an iphone. I hear that phone dosent reboot, lose its sound, lose its video, lose its notifications. HTC has proven there worth

Well played.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Sorry your phone is so bad. I must have a good one cause I have none of your issues.

In fact I have a friend who had the iPhone that was having a serious common problem and she returned it and got the thunderbolt and is very happy she did. Her opinion is that the thunderbolt is much better.

Every phone out there will have some that have problems. Go to every forum in here and you will see.

But everyone should be happy and if you want the iPhone for some reason then you should get it.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new phone. I intend to get the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out in a couple weeks!

MTBryan

Reaction score
This is the worst pile of crap on the market and im getting an iphone.

My wife has the iPhone 4. It's a great phone but doesn't hold a candle to the TBolt. The iPhone is great for chick's that want a simple phone with a pretty case.

RedSectorA

Reaction score
The iphone is a solid phone but for me the screen is too small and I hate itunes and the walled garden. If you rooted your phone months ago and it's been working perfectly then great. 99% of people who buy cell phones don't even know what rooting means. Regular consumers shouldn't need to tinker with their phone to make it function properly. HTC and Verizon have dropped the ball big time with this phone. Oh and still no word from HTC on any updates to their various software failures. You would think at the very least that they would have a fix for Sense by now since it is a security concern and it affects several phones not just the TB.