so now that we can overclock.......

jloya

Reaction score
do you think that people will built custom ROMS (and i dunno if you can set this in a theme) that are already overclocked? i.e when you load the ROM it will overclock the phone for you?

cpjr

Reaction score
Not with a ROM (that I am aware of), but probably with a custom script. Hardly seems worth it though for a 10% increase.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
wow that was a fast reply lol .... I havent really seen a solid value to overclocking my phone but i was just curious about the possibility

cpjr

Reaction score
In my opinion there is no value to overclocking the phone from 1ghz to 1.1ghz, if the difference was bigger it would be great.

I loved Ocíng my Droid 1 from 600mhz to 1.2ghz, made the phone scream.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
In my opinion there is no value to overclocking the phone from 1ghz to 1.1ghz, if the difference was bigger it would be great.

what about slightly underclocking and lowering voltage (if possible?) would that make a decent increase in battery life?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

what about slightly underclocking and lowering voltage (if possible?) would that make a decent increase in battery life?

undervolting was on 2.1, and now since the source code is out, its only a matter of time.

as for OCing, i also see no real benefit from 1Ghz to 1.1.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
with the source code out do you think custom kernals will be on there way as well?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
overclocking with scripts yes but the bootloader is still locked down so no kernels

Reaction score
undervolting was on 2.1, and now since the source code is out, its only a matter of time.

as for OCing, i also see no real benefit from 1Ghz to 1.1.

I'd have to agree here.

There is no real benefit to such a small overclock other than if you prefer to drain your system faster.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
they overclocked the dx to 1.45. On the d2 I am at 1250 (I scaled back from 1300, though 1300 worked good im testing a theory). Point being that extra 200 kick is a nice pickup. Yeah not as big of a jump from 600 to 1200 on the d1. But I think the d1 processor was actually meant to go that high. With Adw and less blur widgets 1250 is flying for me on the d2. I actually like the scripts idea, I mean I can edit and set my own ranges instead of rely on a kernel. I also dont have to worry bout bootloops because once it reboots it drops back to stock so you can try another combination of voltage and processing speeds.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
they overclocked the dx to 1.45. On the d2 I am at 1250 (I scaled back from 1300, though 1300 worked good im testing a theory). Point being that extra 200 kick is a nice pickup. Yeah not as big of a jump from 600 to 1200 on the d1. But I think the d1 processor was actually meant to go that high. With Adw and less blur widgets 1250 is flying for me on the d2. I actually like the scripts idea, I mean I can edit and set my own ranges instead of rely on a kernel. I also dont have to worry bout bootloops because once it reboots it drops back to stock so you can try another combination of voltage and processing speeds.

this post may be the one that gets me to try it on my phone lol

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score

this post may be the one that gets me to try it on my phone lol

If you do post your experiences/results!