so now that the phone is about a month old, what % of market apps run fine on ICS?

jason_jm

Reaction score
80%?

90%?

am holding off anything ICS until i can confirm that running apps on it is a non issue..... that and waiting for cm9

JKZ

Reaction score
Not sure about a percentage, but I can tell you I have installed about 60 or so apps and they all run fine. I haven't found issues with any apps I've tried yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Nealius

Reaction score
I have about 50 apps I had a hard time finding a working flashlight but I found one. Other than that I'm good to go.

Can't help you on cm9. I'm still running stock

captdroid

Reaction score
About 60 apps no problems here. Everything is being updated to run on ICS. ICS is where it's at :biggrin:

Why in the world would you wait for CM9? Stock ICS runs great and there are about a dozen custom ROMS already available if you want to flash away. DancingNexus

DHO

Reaction score
95% work. only unmaintained apps, particularly ones that run in background, like missed reminder.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
80%?

90%?

am holding off anything ICS until i can confirm that running apps on it is a non issue..... that and waiting for cm9

Gee, sucks to be you... I came from a OG Droid with 73 apps on it. Every one of them ran fine when I transfered them to the Galaxy Nexus the first week it came out. While I am also waiting for CM9 to rom the baby, all the apps I have work fine, and I have nooooooooooooo second thoughts about ICS!
The longer you wait, the more you miss out on...

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
yah i lost nfl mobile when cm7 went on my thunderbolt, pity, but still worth it

busy betting on nfl right now actually

i always go with the underdog

which you guys reckon is a better pick

tebow/broncos over new england at +13.5
or texans over baltimore at +7.5

my gut is telling me to go with the texans out of the 4 upcoming games.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only one I ran into a problem with was the NFL app, which has been resolved now. I'd say a good majority have been adapted by now. I wouldn't dare take a guess at a percentage though.

I imagine there are still tons that aren't compatible, but the majority that are popular have been updated accordingly.

whopua

Reaction score
I have about 50 apps I had a hard time finding a working flashlight but I found one. Other than that I'm good to go.

Can't help you on cm9. I'm still running stock

I'm running Tesla LED on mine and it runs great. The widget is especially useful!

skaman9876

Reaction score
A big app I use a lot doesn't work... HBO GO, pretty disappointed. I would watch movies and TV shows on it all the tune with my bionic...

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Pepsimachine

Reaction score
Try going to HBOgo.com in your browser and watching that way. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pilot25

Reaction score
Shockingly some big name companies aren't compatible. i.e. The Economist

pool_shark

Reaction score
Lots of the heavily used apps have been updated: handcent, go launcher, dolphin, and those like them.
Even a lot of the less used apps like enhanced sms and callerID, ES file explorer, best buy, alarm.com, have been updated.

Of course there are a few where it would seem the developers just said screw it, like vignette, hboGo, etc.