So no data connection at all......

Kryptyk

Reaction score
I worked with tech support all last night for about 3 hours on the phone trying to get my data to work on my phone. No luck. The last step in getting it back for their troubleshooting is getting a new SIM card....I guess whatever. Went into a store last night to get a SIM card after the phone call and the guy tried charging me $20 so I literally told him to F off and walked out. The tech guy, Daniel, had my number and was still working with me and called me about 10 minutes later after the I went to the store and I told him they tried charging me for the dam SIM card. He laughed and told me they give those out to stores but stores see it as a way to make an extra buck if they are not a "corporate" store. Whatever. So no data. Going to go to a corporate store by my work this morning and try it out but I don't think that's it. I haven't had the data issues with my Bionic to bad accept for the last couple of weeks. Being rooted, I didn't get OTA's so the first thing I did last night to see if it would fix it was to put it back to stock and put the 5.7.893 update on there but still didn't fix it. So....I put it back to unrooted stock just in case and am bringing it in today. We will see...

konellaz

Reaction score
I'm on my third bionic for the same reason.. Most likely in your area the 3g signal its stronger than the Lte.. Radio is constantly fighting and Burns up.. Tell them you want Razr.. I did, and and now I'm just waiting for them to release.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

konellaz

Reaction score
I'm on my third bionic for the same reason.. Most likely in your area the 3g signal its stronger than the Lte.. Radio is constantly fighting and Burns up.. Tell them you want Razr.. I did, and and now I'm just waiting for them to release.

Bionic antenna is a joke! Tbolt.. The whole case was the antenna.. Smart design

davishusband

Reaction score
I wish these android phone makers would slow down and put out a decent phone. I have a droid 3 and a droid 1 was better in quality imo. I feel like every phone is a beta phone, I'm not surprised about antenna issues or any other issues. I'm actually starting to think about getting an iphone next.

konellaz

Reaction score
I wish these android phone makers would slow down and put out a decent phone. I have a droid 3 and a droid 1 was better in quality imo. I feel like every phone is a beta phone, I'm not surprised about antenna issues or any other issues. I'm actually starting to think about getting an iphone next.

Shhhh. Don't say that.. Im living in iPhone country.. Its lame.. Lol granola eating Pacific NW.

atlrus

Reaction score
Bionic antenna is a joke! Tbolt.. The whole case was the antenna.. Smart design

+1. Not only that, I use a usb card to tether my pc to the phone - form the same exact spot I get 60% signal strength with the Tbolt and 20% with the Bionic...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it's not the actual antenna, but the Razr has the same baseband/radio as the Bionic.