So... new OTA is rolling out

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Ok here is my story I went back to my foreveroot backup flashed OTA came back to th3ory was in safestrap flashinf ICS got a BSOD had to fast boot recover to get back to stock ckd OTA was avaiable but didnt take thought it was to lagy and came back to Liberty and here Iam my phone says 5.5.886. Im gonna stay here for awhile can go back ant=y time and get OTA I herd there gona change it anyway

well i have the update even after having to factory reset with 4ever root 5 x lol ... however its when i try to install liberty back that i get stuck in boot loop .... so im just rooted & updated at the moment ... not sure if i have to deodex then flash but im sure all this stuff needs to be updated to work with the new update .. my Guess im assuming since nothing im doing is working .. thanks for the reply

shakyone

Reaction score
Bootlooping, I forgot that part...

im having the same issue used 4ever root , went back in time to factory reset .. rooted the phone again then got the 893 update managing to keep root throughout the update .... however now everytime i try to install liberty i wind up in a boot loop no matter how i try to install liberty / any info how to go about it or do we the Liberated have to wait for a update to the Liberty for the new893 ??????

KingKong, you stated it even more accurately, I kept the root through the stock update to 893. When I installed Liberty, I was stuck in a boot loop on the "Dual-core" splash-screen. I never got the bionic eyeball animation.

I had to AP Fastboot restore using the "R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root" from here: Droid Bionic » -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11

I really hope I can get back to Liberty3. I was pretty happy with it.

If you stumbled upon this post, I thought I might share some of recovery methods I utilized following my multiple brickings of varying degrees last week.

I inadvertently wiped the docking station partition in Nandroid. Don't do that, it gets you stuck in a APFastboot only situation. and "R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root" doesn't work there. It kept failing. I will try and post, when I have my tools on hand to report that fix.

This is one alternative to R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root, it uses RSD Lite.

Unbrick Factory Reset Droid Bionic with Fast Boot and FXZ Tutorial Guide - YouTube here it is with howto example on Youtube. It worked.a couple times.

I found another recovery method that works even better, when you really screw it up. I need to figure out which one it was. I saved the webpage on another PC. I will update this post with the answer.

[Update] Here it is: http://bit.ly/uftzbd
Remember to start the command prompt as an administrator, you can do the Ctl+Shift thing, or search the start menu for cmd then right-click and "run as administrator." It installs the grfs.img and system.img back to stock/default. It fixes the webtop partition too. I got lucky I found it.

shakyone

Reaction score
well i have the update even after having to factory reset with 4ever root 5 x lol ... however its when i try to install liberty back that i get stuck in boot loop .... so im just rooted & updated at the moment ... not sure if i have to deodex then flash but im sure all this stuff needs to be updated to work with the new update .. my Guess im assuming since nothing im doing is working .. thanks for the reply

Just another suggestion, while we wait for a better Liberty3, install Titanium backup, and un-install all the bloatware. It makes the phone tolerable in the interim. Here is a guide to what is safe from a Droid 3 post: Droid 3: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
And another from a Bionic post: Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Just another suggestion, while we wait for a better Liberty3, install Titanium backup, and un-install all the bloatware. It makes the phone tolerable in the interim. Here is a guide to what is safe from a Droid 3 post: Droid 3: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
And another from a Bionic post: Droid Bionic: Apps That Are Safe To Remove Once Rooted - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Im good updated and rooted just no Liberty 3 / also wondering about deodex for update period will it be needed to reinstall liberty hopefully someone will figure this out.thanks for the reply

Droid Bionic / Tapatalk

safety

Reaction score
I am using liberty v2 gold right now after the update. Here were my steps:

1. Nandroid backup liberty v2 gold
2. Fastboot to stock recovery
3. Root and forever root
4. OTA update
5. Restore liberty from backup after data and dalvik wipe through CWM

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
I am using liberty v2 gold right now after the update. Here were my steps:

1. Nandroid backup liberty v2 gold
2. Fastboot to stock recovery
3. Root and forever root
4. OTA update
5. Restore liberty from backup after data and dalvik wipe through CWM Exactly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Exactly

shakyone

Reaction score
Not exactly, wooddale

So I had a CWM backup of Liberty3 v2.0 available on my SD card. I had my rooted stock 893 running.

I tried what you suggested. I cannot "Wipe Data" in CWM. The options are that I can either "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" or "format Data partition." I opted to format the partition. I also formatted Cache, and wiped Dalvik, as suggested. After installing the Backup of Liberty3 v2.0, it reverted back to 886.

I am back to installing my rooted 893 backup. I'm hoping it restores the 893 firmware.

Shakyone

wilboy

Reaction score
So I had a CWM backup of Liberty3 v2.0 available on my SD card. I had my rooted stock 893 running.

I tried what you suggested. I cannot "Wipe Data" in CWM. The options are that I can either "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" or "format Data partition." I opted to format the partition. I also formatted Cache, and wiped Dalvik, as suggested. After installing the Backup of Liberty3 v2.0, it reverted back to 886.

I am back to installing my rooted 893 backup. I'm hoping it restores the 893 firmware.

Shakyone
You can downgrade the webtop and baseband but not the kernel because of the locked bootloader.
If you already flashed 5.893,you have had the same kernel like 7.893,reason why you keep on failing.

shakyone

Reaction score
How do I fix it?

I appreciate the information. Is there anything we can do to prevent the downgrade?

I like many others, want a Liberty3 v2.0 ROM with the more stable connection of 893. Do we have to wait for a Liberty3 update?

I am not knowledgeable enough to know what sequence of steps will get me there. Just knowledgeable enough to be stupid with my own phone.

wilboy

Reaction score
have you tried installing your backup liberty3 2.0 from an old liberty?There's no need to wipe anything if your going to install the backup that already on your bionic using bootstrap.

shakyone

Reaction score
I tried that...

have you tried installing your backup liberty3 2.0 from an old liberty?There's no need to wipe anything if your going to install the backup that already on your bionic using bootstrap.

I did do just that.

I will try without the wipe I guess. I am worried it will hit a snag.

Does anyone know what partition the 893 portion is installed to?