So... new OTA is rolling out

pabtheghost

Reaction score
what does this mean from the perspective of liberty users?

we cant get the update without flashing back anyway, right?

is that even worth it?

im thinking probably just sit and wait for whenever the next liberty drops

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
what does this mean from the perspective of liberty users?

we cant get the update without flashing back anyway, right?

is that even worth it?

im thinking probably just sit and wait for whenever the next liberty drops

Your best off just waiting for the next Liberty build to come out with the OTA Changes in it (in my opinion), b/c yes you'll have to revert back to stock to accept it. And also I'm not sure if the OTA has been confirmed to be rootable? So keep that in mind as well, you never know when Moto will slip a fix into the build.

Chances are the Liberty Devs are already working on some tweaks from the OTA already. :)

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
Your best off just waiting for the next Liberty build to come out with the OTA Changes in it (in my opinion), b/c yes you'll have to revert back to stock to accept it. And also I'm not sure if the OTA has been confirmed to be rootable? So keep that in mind as well, you never know when Moto will slip a fix into the build.

Chances are the Liberty Devs are already working on some tweaks from the OTA already. :)

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

cool. thats kinda what i figured, but definitely glad to have it confirmed. thanks

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're gonna want to take the OTA or the leak as the kernel and basebands are updated.
With a locked bootloader, devs won't touch those aspects of the phone.
The .886 software works with the new kernel and baseband, but we can't be sure if the .893 software will work with the old kernel and baseband.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
You're gonna want to take the OTA or the leak as the kernel and basebands are updated.
With a locked bootloader, devs won't touch those aspects of the phone.
The .886 software works with the new kernel and baseband, but we can't be sure if the .893 software will work with the old kernel and baseband.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Oh derp forgot about the kernel updates and all. :/ Has it been confirmed that the OTA is rootable though? I heard Bionic users had issues with the last OTA that left them w/out root when moto fixed the patch

Anathema

Reaction score
When the OTA is available for my phone I will be removing root and will let the forum know if you can still root after the update or not. 2 others have already stated that they achieved root using the method stickied in the forum.

wooddale

Reaction score
So whats the consensus do we go back to stock foreveroot get the OTA then come back or just wait for devs. Im sure there is someone who downloaded a leak and can still use this Rom I think it even said that somewhere.

dags5000

Reaction score
If u haven't applied any if the leaks. U simply restore to.factory stock. Then apply the 5.5.893 update in stock recovery. U can do it now without waiting. The leak is identical to what the official one is so just google search and you will find it.
Before applying it, root and forever root. Then apply. Now.u are on 5.5.893 kernel and all and u still have root. From there u can reload and custom rims u want
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

shakyone

Reaction score
I can confirm, if you don't root prior, it does remove Pete's method of rooting, from the Droid 3 tool. Now I need to do a little research, and see what I want to do. I want the rooted droid back, but with the latest kernal.

I may try and reflash via RSD lite to 886, then root, and install update, but I would like to avoid that method...

OP
P

pabtheghost

Reaction score
let me get a few things clear before i get started:

i can just hit factory reset in bootstrap recovery?

do i need to wipe any data before i reset to stock?

how do i get forever root?

wooddale

Reaction score
let me get a few things clear before i get started:

i can just hit factory reset in bootstrap recovery?

do i need to wipe any data before i reset to stock?

how do i get forever root?

Yes you can do reset in recovery. yes you do need to wipe cache and delvik. here is forever root Droid Bionic » -Maintain Root Through any Update (Bionic) with Forever Root! but you better do some reading first or your gonna need this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html

shakyone

Reaction score
Still rooted, but Liberty Failed

I ended up reflashing 886, then rooted and 4ever rooted. Updated to 893, then installed Liberty ROM, which failed to install.

Repeated the above a second time, following the method I used to install Liberty ROM the first time I got it to work. It failed again.

Now I'm stuck with a rooted 893 build, and I uninstalled most of the bloatware. It is acceptable, but I really liked the Liberty ROM. I hope something changes that improves compatibility.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I ended up reflashing 886, then rooted and 4ever rooted. Updated to 893, then installed Liberty ROM, which failed to install.

Repeated the above a second time, following the method I used to install Liberty ROM the first time I got it to work. It failed again.

Now I'm stuck with a rooted 893 build, and I uninstalled most of the bloatware. It is acceptable, but I really liked the Liberty ROM. I hope something changes that improves compatibility.

im having the same issue used 4ever root , went back in time to factory reset .. rooted the phone again then got the 893 update managing to keep root throughout the update .... however now everytime i try to install liberty i wind up in a boot loop no matter how i try to install liberty / any info how to go about it or do we the Liberated have to wait for a update to the Liberty for the new893 ??????

wooddale

Reaction score
im having the same issue used 4ever root , went back in time .. rooted then got the 893 update . however now everytime i try to install liberty i wind up in a boot loop no matter how i try to install liberty / any info how to go about it or do we the Liberated have to wait for a update to the Liberty for the new893 ??????

Ok here is my story I went back to my foreveroot backup flashed OTA came back to th3ory was in safestrap flashinf ICS got a BSOD had to fast boot recover to get back to stock ckd OTA was avaiable but didnt take thought it was to lagy and came back to Liberty and here Iam my phone says 5.5.886. Im gonna stay here for awhile can go back ant=y time and get OTA I herd there gona change it anyway