So Need help before I kill computer

draco86

Reaction score
Ok my boss traded in his DroidX from a Droid Razr Maxx. Ive fallen out of hacking Moto and fell in love with my LG.
anyway
my boss needs his phone root so I can install tether. ANYWAY
Ive tried to follow the insturctions by using links to install the drivers but NO drivers appear to work or Im installing the wrong drivers. I have plugged in the phone to the computer and all it does it charge no messages just charging.

ANYway long story short, can someone help me Root this droid Razr maxx here are my specs
System:
6.12.181.xt912.Verizon.en.us
Android Version:
Baseband Version:
CDMA_N_04.07.01R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00
Kernal Version:
2.6.35.7-g65de91d qgd748@il93lnxdroid10#1

Thank you for your help in advance

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also there is a tethering app that you don't have to be rooted for. Its called foxfi. You might also consider that?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also there is a tethering app that you don't have to be rooted for. Its called foxfi. You might also consider that?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

That's true. Foxfi works great

SallyC

Reaction score
You don't need root to tether.

1. Press Menu
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Wireless & networks
  4. Tap Tethering & Mobile Hotspot
  5. Check the box for USB Tethering (this option is not selectable unless connected to a USB cable)
You can tether your phone to your computer with a USB cable to share your phone's internet connection with your computer.
  • Tethering works with Windows vista, Windows 7, and Linux.
  • You can't mount your phone's SD card on your computer when USB tethered.
  • For more information, including using USB tethering with other Operating Systems, seewww.android.com/tether#usb
Unless you mean mobile hotspot, which requires additional fees (at least to do it using Verizon's service).

pinoy_92

Reaction score
from my expierence foxfi is less than satisfactory. if you download matt's utility ver. 1.6 it should have a driver included in it.