So my replacement Droid arrived today..

nphil

Reaction score
After some really bad luck with my previous two droids (Voice quality issues/keyboard issues) I finally got a like-new certified Droid via fedex today.

Everything about this unit was amazing! I tested it at 1.2ghz+ with around 35-40ish temps and pressing keys on the keyboard was a much better experience - the keys made an audible click much like my old TP2 which imo is a much better experience than my previous two droids. Voice quality was amazing too!

But there was a freaking strand of hair inside my display screen! After making a very pissed phone call to Verizon, my replacement device is coming in this Friday.

/rant

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After some really bad luck with my previous two droids (Voice quality issues/keyboard issues) I finally got a like-new certified Droid via fedex today.

Everything about this unit was amazing! I tested it at 1.2ghz+ with around 35-40ish temps and pressing keys on the keyboard was a much better experience - the keys made an audible click much like my old TP2 which imo is a much better experience than my previous two droids. Voice quality was amazing too!

But there was a freaking strand of hair inside my display screen! After making a very pissed phone call to Verizon, my replacement device is coming in this Friday.

/rant
Was it a straight strand, or round and curly? :icon_eek:

OP
nphil

nphil

Reaction score
small strand, lol.

So now I'm on my fourth damn droid and I get a defective proximity sensor. The verizon rep on the line is going on about the usual battery pull, factory reset blah blah crap. Jesus I tested the proximity sensor with an app, it's stuck on "close", which means my display is always going to be off when i make a call!

OP
nphil

nphil

Reaction score
Well, I finally got a fully working unit. Had to go to a B&M store to get it though. The first unit the girl took from the shelf had the SAME problem : dead proximity sensor. She was mumbling about how the 2.1 update could fix it, what a load of crap.

The second one - same problem. Finally struck gold on the THIRD unit she picked off the shelf, gosh! Well atleast the girl was hot, so watching her reprogram the phones everytime wasn't so bad :D

Let this be a lesson for you guys, if you have a defective Droid, try not to send it in. Go to a B&M vzw store and get it replaced. It's the same like-new bs, but atleast you get to test it!

Reaction score
Well, I finally got a fully working unit. Had to go to a B&M store to get it though. The first unit the girl took from the shelf had the SAME problem : dead proximity sensor. She was mumbling about how the 2.1 update could fix it, what a load of crap.

The second one - same problem. Finally struck gold on the THIRD unit she picked off the shelf, gosh! Well atleast the girl was hot, so watching her reprogram the phones everytime wasn't so bad :D

Let this be a lesson for you guys, if you have a defective Droid, try not to send it in. Go to a B&M vzw store and get it replaced. It's the same like-new bs, but atleast you get to test it!
OR: If you have something wrong with your Droid, find a hot worker XD