So my phone froze while unlocking

altjx

Reaction score
This is the second or third time this has happen. This morning, I wake up at 6:30 because of my alarm on the phone going off and all of a sudden I try pressing dismiss and nothing happens.

So I sit my ass up in disbelief and still can't press anything. I hit lock button to try locking and unlocking, but the phone locks and shows the back light as if the screen was on but it was black. This pissed me off.

Usually when this happened, I would lock the phone again (or turn screen off rather since it was never unlocked when alarm goes off), and I would wait 15-20 seconds and finally the lock button allows me to interact with the phone. It's like the phone gets confused every now and again.

I've ONLY experienced this when unlocking the phone during alarm. Believe it or not, I've had issues both with iPhone 4 and 4s when trying to interact with the phones during an alarm session.

Any ideas guys? If someone suggestions a FDR, I'm going to give FDR a whole new meaning (so tired of doing that), lol. Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ive had issues as well mostly after a call. Sometimes when I hang up a call, the screen stays black and unresponsive. They only thing I can do is the simulated battery pull. I've done 3 fdr's since the update and so far this restore has been flawless. I've also had one automatic reboot before my last fdr. The main reason I did a 3rd fdr is because I thought I was having issues with wifi connectivity and 3g data drops. Not yet sure if it cleared it up or not. Hey, I have an idea of a new meaning for FDR: _ Da Rear.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try an fdr!!! :D seriously, do you know how to clear your cache?? We need a sticky for that and booting into safe mode. .. I think it would really help users..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah I've had my phone to just suddenly reboot on me once before as well, thankfully only once.

Lol. I've just did the wipe cache partition just a few minutes ago when updating to the .225 ICS Leak, so let's see what happens moving forward, lol.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It is Google's way of making sure you get up in the morning and not just dismiss the alarm, if you think about it they are trying to make you a better employee :biggrin:

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
It is Google's way of making sure you get up in the morning and not just dismiss the alarm, if you think about it they are trying to make you a better employee :biggrin:

Haha. They've sure done a good job at that too. They're probably trying to ensure I toss the phone across the room too, which would probably ensure that I end up at Verizon again, lol.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try an fdr!!! :D seriously, do you know how to clear your cache?? We need a sticky for that and booting into safe mode. .. I think it would really help users..

Instructions for booting into safe mode which were written by me were stickied long time ago by small town girl.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Haha. They've sure done a good job at that too. They're probably trying to ensure I toss the phone across the room too, which would probably ensure that I end up at Verizon again, lol.

Exactly, better be careful if they seen you have figured out their master plan it could mean trouble. Better grab the tin foil hat!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Instructions for booting into safe mode which were written by me were stickied long time ago by small town girl.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I looked... I didn't see it:confused: lol.. sorry.:D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But for clearing the cache...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree... a sticky that includes instructions for safe mode, fdr, clear cache partition, hard reset, battery meter training steps, etc would be great. Call it "Razr phone maintenance" sticky. It would be so much easier to refer people to the sticky rather than always giving the instructions for each.

FoxKat and 94lt1, you both have already posted on these exact procedures. I think you two should put together your posts and get on this asap, lmbo!

FDR= Fricken Darn Reset!

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Agree on the stickies. It's time consuming to search for those most talked about topics. And let's not forget about how much time has been spent on typing them up and many thanks to those who have.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Exactly, better be careful if they seen you have figured out their master plan it could mean trouble. Better grab the tin foil hat!

Haha!

But for clearing the cache...

Is wiping the cache a suggestion to fixing this issue? Or were you just referring to the stickies?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.