So, my phone formed an intimate relationship with a toilet ...

OP
E

eliwood98

Reaction score
OK, it's not off, for sure. The message light is blinking. Basically, I can't even turn the phone off.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is it blinking white or green? Did it also make a notification sound?

OP
E

eliwood98

Reaction score
Blinking green, I had a new email. Like I said, with the exception of the lock button and a blurry camera (that clearly has water in it), the phone is functioning normally. I just want my lock button back, don't even care about the camera, haha.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Okay eliwood, unless someone has discovered a way for you to turn off your phone then my best advice would be to keep it in the rice to let it dry. I would not take phone calls, texts, anything, just let it sit without touching it. If the battery gets down to 15%, try powering it down (maybe it will be dry enough for that to work) but if it doesn't, I would put it on the charger... although I am not quite sure which would be the worse of two evils; adding more electric current that could cause a short circuit in a semi wet phone or letting it die which could make it so it won't accept a charge. Still crossing my fingers for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

MrDee

Reaction score
I had a very similar experience. In my case, when the screen went off, plugging a charger into the phone would make the screen come on. Unfortunately, I never put it in a bag of rice, and it has now died entirely.

Two questions:
1. Was there ever a resolution to your problem, eliwood98?
2. What are my options at this point? The phone is now sitting in a bag of rice. Should I consider going to Verizon? Note: I don't have insurance on this phone.

OP
E

eliwood98

Reaction score
1. I just learned to deal with it. It's helped me to not be so attached to my phone, something I'd always wanted anyways. I will say that my keyboard will/would(it hasn't in awhile) just freak out, like I would hit one button, and it would put in three random letters, and just send messages and ... all kinds of annoying. Lock button still doesn't work, charging it can be annoying, as it takes a couple plug-ins before it realizes it's getting some charge. Otherwise, it's a phone like any other.

2. You said your phone doesn't work anymore ... and a bricked phone is really just a paperweight :/ It sucks, I know. You're stuck with no phone until you activate an old one again or pony up for a new one.