so my car got stolen last night

cool username

Reaction score
from in front of my house.

my beloved ipod was inside. so i need a new one. provided that whatever vehicle i purchase next has a way to listen to the ipod without spending more money. i have a cassette thing for it.

but i'm thinking about getting the ipod touch. my main reason for this is because i can have all the iphone apps in addition to my droid apps. (i love my droid, would never trade for an iphone ever) and before anyone says this, i don't want to put all my music on my droid. i have a lot of it and i listen to all of it. i don't want to slow it down. unless it doesn't make a difference, in that case let me know. sorry i'm kind of a noob.

unfortunately the itouch is a lot more expensive than an old school ipod from ebay, and i have other things i need to buy...such as a new car. [insurance doesn't cover theft]

but i am willing to get it if its worth it. and thats where you guys come in... does anyone have the itouch? is it worth buying? or should i just save my money and get a cheaper old ipod?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure sorry to hear about your car. I'm kind of surprised that your post focused on an iPod but I guess we all have our priorities.

JCo352

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car that sux big time..do you have pip or did you leave your keys in the car? thats only two reasons i know of for insurance not covering it...as for the music on your droid i don't think it slows it down because it will all be on your sd card and you have 15 gigs to play with

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I have an iTouch and can tell you I would rather have paid less for a different iPod. It is cool for like a week then you feel stupid for spending so much on it. I kick myself for not buying a bigger gig ipod for less. But to each his own.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your car that sux big time..do you have pip or did you leave your keys in the car? thats only two reasons i know of for insurance not covering it...as for the music on your droid i don't think it slows it down because it will all be on your sd card and you have 15 gigs to play with

He probably only had liability insurance and that's why the car wasn't covered.

OP
cool username

cool username

Reaction score
Sure sorry to hear about your car. I'm kind of surprised that your post focused on an iPod but I guess we all have our priorities.

ha the ipod isnt the priority. the new car will come before a new ipod, its not a question in my mind. but i don't need to make a thread asking what kind of car i want, lol that's not a problem for me.

and insurance didn't cover it because i only have liability.

and to hookbill, i'm a she!

thanks for your input everyone.. i'll probably just get an old school ipod mini. i used to have one and it got stolen out of my old car. at least the whole car didn't get stolen then....ugh

kristoff125

Reaction score
It's been said, but putting music on the SD card won't slow the phone, at all, whatsoever, but I don't even bother withhaving music on my phone, I just use pandora and slacker.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02

OP
cool username

cool username

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02

yeah mine was the 80gb classic.
well im pretty much convinced not to get the touch.
i'll try out putting my music on the droid. pandora doesn't cut it for me.. can only switch songs 6 times an hour and i like choosing what to listen to anyways. and if it doesn't work out i'm just gonna get a regular ipod..

thanks again guys

pigpen

Reaction score
i gave my ipod touch to my wife when i got the droid. right now there are 3.5 gigs of space left on my sd card, i'm running the stock 2.0.1 and have not experienced any slow down in my phone. i plug the cassetteplayer jack into the droid along with the car charger and it works like a charm. You dont need an ipod touch unless you want to drive around with 160 gigs of music. you could drive coast to coast to coast and not listen to all of that.

:)

(edit)

kristoff125

Reaction score

i'll try out putting my music on the droid. pandora doesn't cut it for me.. can only switch songs 6 times an hour and i like choosing what to listen to anyways. and if it doesn't work out i'm just gonna get a regular ipod..

thanks again guys

With Pandora, it's 6 times per hour per station, so make 4 or 5 of the same basic station, gives you a lot more skips than you'll ever need.
Slacker has a much wider range of music too, but it has stupid ads.

ShowTime

Reaction score

thanks again guys

I'm with you. I use my iPod predominantly when working out, and I'm super ADD or something about my music and am constantly wanting to hear a certain song or skipping to the next song when the current one is winding down because I don't want to wait for it to end and the next one to start or because I don't want the song to end in the middle of a set or something. I also love my Droid but just feel like my iPod is more bulletproof. Meaning I'm not worried about dropping it, banging it on stuff, stepping on it, etc because I've done all of them and it still works flawlessly (not that the Droid wouldn't, but still...), so the iPod is and would always be my choice for the gym/doing anything active.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been using my Droid as my iPod replacement since day one.... Storm had replaced the iPod before that.

I use my Droid at the gym as well.