So long gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by otter34, Apr 14, 2011.

1. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

I'm taking it even further, who wants Cupcake on their Droid1?

It should be as optimized as iPhone is to IOS!!!
  2. jessemhess

jessemhess New Member

Lets not loss our heads now...:icon_eek:
  3. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

I ran liquid's latest and I will say its awesome for sure! Love gingerbread,love the options and speed,but gingerbread was not ment for our og droids,its to intensive for our phones. It will load great,run superb even,but wait abt two or three weeks on what ever gingerbread rom you use and soon you will start to notice that's it taking its toll on the og droid. It may be little at first,you know that missed call,lost a signal breifly,then a text or a pic not comming in,not sending a text or pic,lost wifi,and so on and so on,you'll put up with it for awhile,but its your phone warning you it can't handle it much longer. Then the f/clsngs and random reboots start,closing out of apps when your still using the app. Finally you'll post an issue and try to fix it when all and all your phone is just not able to keep up anymore and its trying to tell you and we don't listen and still h%ll bound to keep it on the phone thinking another g/b rom problem when its not the rom its the user trying to force the phone to do more than what its capable of. Then wonder why its not working... or worst bricking it due to over use and just burning up the phone. I need my phone to much to do that kind of unessasary roughness, and there are a few devs around that didn't jump ship to G/B and understand we still need froyo and some of us out here that are very happy with what froyo and its features do for our droids,not to mention I can get my texts on a fly,all my calls but peace of mind that if I need my phone to be there and not wigg out on me,its ready to go.

Oh by the way sorry for the long post,just wanted to put my 2cents worth in. Lol

Rooted,RZRecovery
    Rom: Project Gimpsource,v3.1
    Kernal:Gimpsource,250/1100oc
    customized my way!!
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. otter34

otter34 New Member

I was having new issues w/ SS 5.2 that I hadn't had in the past and once again after considering throwing in the towel a new ROM was release just in time. I'm running 1.7 also and no problems yet, but they don't tend to show up right away :icon_ banana:
  5. otter34

otter34 New Member

Yep. That's why I posted this originally. I've been on 1.7 for maybe 3 days so it's too early to tell, however issues I had w/ 1.65 even from the beginning have been fixed so I'm (again) hopeful.

What devs stills support froyo? I assume gimp does since it's your current rom. Who else? I've heard good things about sourcery
  6. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 New Member

have u guys tried CM702 or winners latest custom build, its OG stable now... just a thought...
  7. otter34

otter34 New Member

I haven't. I tried CM once, but don't remember which one I tried. I didn't have much luck. I think RC2 rings a bell? Hell, I dunno. To be honest I get confused w/ the labeling and I'm not sure where to find the latest stable build? It seems like there is a winners build every other night, which would lead me to believe that the previous versions were actually losers and unstable. However, like I said I'm ignorant about his ROMs.

So are you saying that every other CM7 before this wasn't necessarily stable for OG?
  8. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Not exactly unstable, just a nightly build which indicates that it may have some unironed bugs in it. Nothing major. Winner is a talented dev that is basing his builds off of CM7 releases and changes little things along the way to suit his liking. The releases that come out with just a number are the ones that are considered "not exactly ready for prime time" and may have little problems in the background. His recent releases are very stable and I have had very little if any problems with the CM family of roms for some time now.
  9. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

I used to be a devoted UD user, until the last 2 builds where the led tweaking has been broken, so I decided to stray & try a few other roms while UD gets an update, one rom I tried (and i am currentlt still using) is Chevy's SS 5.2 with patches applied = 5.3 & running it with the stock kernel (which is Chevy's 1ghz lv which Is one of my favs anyway) I have been running now, with the same settings I use for every rom, for 1 week & I have had absolutely zero issues, in fac,t overall I am impressed with this rom, and its additional tweaks just make it all the better.
  10. Jasko

Jasko New Member

Where can I check out this Sourcery Rom?
  11. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

I'm on my phone so I can't link you, but its in the Dev Archives under Droid Hacks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Sourceryrom.com

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
  13. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

project elite 4.2 was better for me, some apps wouldn't install or run on sourcery so i had to go back to pe.
  14. Chizzele

We"ll be happy to check that for you if you want to give it another run. It works flawlessly for me.

15. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

No matter what GB rom you decide to run, periodically boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik, the next boot will be slower, however it clears out the junk so to speak.
  16. chazcarter

chazcarter New Member

Hey Guys,
    Does anyone know if there will be an "official release" of gingerbread on the htc thunderbolt?
  17. ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB Member

Wow. Ya'll are taking this too personal. Bring it down a notch. But spc_hicks, your 100% right in your last paragraph. It doesn't matter how much time it takes you to learn something, its how good you are and able to pick it up and create something great. I applaud you for your accomplishments and Thank you for serving this country man. Very much appreciated. You both have great points so lets just end it there.
  18. otter34

otter34 New Member

Is that the same thing the app cache cleaner does?
  19. Chizzele

I don't think so, in CWM you an option to clear dalvik cache through the advance menu.

Search tags for this page
gingerbread auto sync takes too long

gingerbreak so long

gingerbreak taking too long

gingerbreak taking too long droid x2

why does gingerbreak take so long

why is gingerbreak taking so long on droid x2
why's gingerbreak take so long