1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So... Just pulled trigger on ordering charge to replace HTC T.Bolt. Will I

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by msuperbauer, Jul 10, 2011.

1. msuperbauer

msuperbauer New Member

Be pleased? I hope so! All the reviews are pretty good from people in my same predicament .. My only concern is rooting (ie how difficult it will be) and the slightly larger size of the charge.. I am excited to be able to see my screen outdoors and not keep a charger on me at all times.. Can I ask how you all feel about the UI and media player and such? Thanks in advance!:icon_ banana:
  2. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

I keep the brightness at the lowest it can. still can't see it in the sun. but it its a stunning screen. I hate touchwiz so I downloaded launcherpro. I recently hacked and put a rom on here, extremely easy although I'm not sure how to just root without flashing software already rooted. Extremely nice phone though, I'm very happy with it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

should have waited for the bionic
  4. audiored

audiored New Member

I've tried LaunchPro and I ended up preferring the default UI.

I've had a couple annoying issues. I use my phone heavily through out the day and if I do reboot it or sometimes even pull the battery it seems to get overwhelmed and will act like it is out of RAM.

The other annoying and persistent problem is not being able to play videos from the Gallery app. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get errors. I've even occasionally gotten an error trying to play music.

Other then that, I'm very happy with the choice. I was with an iPhone for 4 years (the original and then the 3gs). So, this is an interesting change.

There is a lot about android to like. There is some stuff I really miss about my iPhone too.

edit: I should have added that I downloaded the Moboplayer. Which I like a lot more than the default player.
  5. b p

b p New Member

edit: I should have added that I downloaded the Moboplayer. Which I like a lot more than the default player.

+1
  6. Schoat333

Schoat333 New Member

I was really unsure which LTE phone to get, and after reading the specs, and playing with each one, I went with the charge.

So far, I'm very glad I made that decision. I just put the rooted gingerbread leak on it, and now I love it even more. Netflix streaming is awsome!
  7. msuperbauer

msuperbauer New Member

Netflix streaming free after root?