So is ICS it? Or will our Razrs be getting Jelly Bean?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
StephenC said:
Are you KIDDING me? People complained about the GB update on the D2G? I wasn't on the forum then, but I had a D2G and GB was probably the best thing to ever happen to that phone! Such an improvement over Froyo!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Yep! Funny as heck to hear everybody clamoring for gb, only to hear them complain about it post download. Gb to ics was was a little more civil...a little :)

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
My dad had the DX. Neither of us had any issues or complaints with GB.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For me GB was brilliant until the last update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

newell

Reaction score
I checked out that thread when the link was posted. I was curious though, that list is according to what source? That was never made clear. For all i know it's just a list some person made up for the phone they want to see it on.

I was thinking the exact same thing... I never heard of Motorola releasing such a list.. :blink:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It was posted by dgstorm and this is his answer to that question from that thread:
dgstorm said:
Sorry it took so long to get back with you FoxKat. Yes... it was a compilation of several different sources. Please understand everyone, that none of this is set in stone, and of course the OEMs are subject to change without notice. Still, from the info I could cull, most of the smart money suggests this info is spot on. One or two things may change, but the worst part is simply that we have no idea how long any of it will actually take.

Also, as I said in the article. This is not all-inclusive. Just because you don't see it on the list, does not mean it won't get Jelly Bean. These are just the known quantities at this point. Keep your fingers cross that your device will be added to the list later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
It was posted by dgstorm and this is his answer to that question from that thread:

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Ok, somehow i missed that. Thanks tis!

AMABLE82_DroidMAxx

Reaction score
Regarding when JB will be making an appearance on Razr phones...

I spoke with Verizon Tech Support Manager yesterday regarding this...he said they are very close and to expect the update sometime in September..

Sorry to the people with other phones since i didn't ask about other phones getting the JB update.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Well to be fair, on the droid, froyo had some issues for the first couple weeks before they pushed thru another ota. If i remember right it didnt like to cooperate with the proximity sensor and sometimes the screen wouldnt rotate...but it was a relatively quick fix

robertwc

Reaction score
amyone know where i can download a rom or the stock rom for my lg lucid ? it wont go past the lg screen on boot so i cant use it:angry:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
AMABLE82_DroidMAxx said:

I spoke with Verizon Tech Support Manager yesterday regarding this...he said they are very close and to expect the update sometime in September..

Sorry to the people with other phones since i didn't ask about other phones getting the JB update.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Verizon said sept? That would less me to believe sometime next year. March perhaps ;)

jaybogg

Reaction score
I personally will never get anxious for another update. IMO, VZW and/or Moto should have left us on GB a while longer, worked more of the bugs out of ICS and then released it. It is certainly a lot buggier than GB from my experiences with it. I did the .215 leak, and it did help my phone. A longer soak test probably would have helped as well. This is just my opinion and I am sure others will disagree. I feel we should all be having the same experience and results, and this is not the case. I have been told by android old timers that there have been even greater struggles with prior Android OS releases and ICS is my first.

Lets just hope that JB has a smoother rollout!!:biggrin:

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
AMABLE82_DroidMAxx said:

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Too bad I probably won't keep my RAZR long enough to see Jelly Bean. Stupid soft keys went out on me and I'm on vacation. As soon as I get home and fix them, its going on eBay.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
How difficult would it be for the Razr to get JB really. I don't know anything about coding but I would imagine it not being that difficult. If they don't pull an Atrix HD keep it clean we will be good.

silver6054

Reaction score
Are you KIDDING me? People complained about the GB update on the D2G? I wasn't on the forum then, but I had a D2G and GB was probably the best thing to ever happen to that phone! Such an improvement over Froyo!

Oh yes, I think that happens with every update to every phone (well, in the case of the D2G, there was a Froyo-to-Froyo update, the first month or so after release, that there were too few people on the original to cause much complaint!) But the initial GB update and then the .629 update, lots of people asking how to get back. And on the Verizon forum today, "ICS broke my phone" type stuff on the Razr. Just a given!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
jaybogg said:
I personally will never get anxious for another update. IMO, VZW and/or Moto should have left us on GB a while longer, worked more of the bugs out of ICS and then released it. It is certainly a lot buggier than GB from my experiences with it. I did the .215 leak, and it did help my phone. A longer soak test probably would have helped as well. This is just my opinion and I am sure others will disagree. I feel we should all be having the same experience and results, and this is not the case. I have been told by android old timers that there have been even greater struggles with prior Android OS releases and ICS is my first.

Lets just hope that JB has a smoother rollout!!:biggrin:

I just took the Plunge and "Rooted" my Bionic yesterday and froze everything!!!
No update to ICS for me, thank you!
After following all the pissed off Razr owners on here about all the issues they have! They might be small, but there enough for me to be completely happy with stayin right here on GB!
ALL you guys had to say was NO FLASH and I was out!
Hopefully Moto decides to fix the crap they put on the Razr and release a revised version for the Bionic!
Id like to upgrade, but in my opinion that was definitely a pooped on downgrade! Shame Moto Shame!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums