So I'm rooted - and I got the update OTA.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Whats the big deal.... I didn't have to un-root, or do anything, I just got the OTA 2.3.340 update no problem, and am still rooted.....

the5barrons

Reaction score
Whats the big deal.... I didn't have to un-root, or do anything, I just got the OTA 2.3.340 update no problem, and am still rooted.....

Rooting is the foundation for everything "else". the big deal is for all of us beyond just a "root". In order to get the update, for us themed/Rom'd..it's a big backup process or sbf back to stock. Then update.

What else is affected on your DX? All original bloat there? That would be a big deal if your update took with original 2.2 ota apps missing. Are you themed or deodex'd?

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
I use titanium and have all the bloatware frozen....
Not themed or deodex'd not sure deodex is... I just rooted so I could wireless tether basically.

the5barrons

Reaction score
MY best guess is that because the apps are still present in their original placement on your DX, the update doesn't care if they're frozen.

Many, myself included, decided to rename vs. freezing, or some just outright deleted. All hurdles to getting back to stock.

Glad yours was easy cheesy.

miller5320

Reaction score
I'm rooted as well. All I've been using is Titanium to freeze some of the bloatware. I also removed 'Email' and 'Emergency Alert.' I downloaded 2.3.34 and tried to install. My phone powered off and back on and said Update Failed. Could anyone steer me in the right direction?
Thanks!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Gonna have to replace the stuff you removed to be able to do the 340 update. Wouldn't hurt to unfreeze the other bloat as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

miller5320

Reaction score
I unfroze the rest of the bloat. I can't find the stock Email app (2.2) or the stock Emergency Alert app (1.0.0) anywhere in the Android Market or by googling it. Any idea where to find those? I haven't tinkered with the phone at all besides removing these two.