So I'm pretty screwed.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by harpua, Jun 10, 2011.

1. harpua

harpua New Member

alright, my droid was being all buggy i think dust got into the screen but anyway. was going crazy making selections on its own. this happened before with a previous droid. i had insurance replace it. so thats 2 phones with crazy screens.

so verizon sends me a "new" droid. blah blah passed their 100point inspection etc; etc; i get it yesterday. last night i activate it, root it, etc;. today, the usb port (connector piece in the phone) breaks. it wont charge..i hook it up to the computer it says device recognized then loses connection, device not recognized. the piece is obviously broken and loose. i've tried to hold it stead to flash it back to stock, but it is not working. bit the bullet, took it into verizon this morning. haha. guy watched the xoom boot screen, says to another rep "is this a new software update?" other rep: "it's just a background". phone loads up, with honeychomb wallpaper and clock. he says did your phone come like this, i said no i put that one. he said well ok, your new phone should be in tomorrow.

thing is, once this one makes it back to vzw, theyre obviously going to see it's been rooted/is rooted. i don't feel like paying $5-600. i imagine i could download the emulator and flash back to stock that way? suggestions/instructions most appreciated. Thanks folks!!
  2. harpua

harpua New Member