So I'm about to buy the droid razr maxx

impact

Reaction score
I'm coming from a droid 2 global.. Just wondered how much different it is than that. Going to miss the physical keyboard but I hope the battery life makes up for that.

Is it really worth $250? I don't have 4g in my area and I don't have a lot of money as a student but it just seems like such a good deal. Have to order before Sunday so I don't get charged the $30 upgrade fee.

Anybody else make the switch from droid 2 to the razr maxx? Thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The screen will be a bit bigger and might look a bit different than your D2g...but you will love the battery life of the Maxx.

Good luck if you decide to make the jump!

OP
I

impact

Reaction score
Thank You. We Have Received Your Order.

So with tax it was $265. Easy come easy go.

jmurra

Reaction score
it's all good

I'm coming from a droid 2 global.. Just wondered how much different it is than that. Going to miss the physical keyboard but I hope the battery life makes up for that.

Is it really worth $250? I don't have 4g in my area and I don't have a lot of money as a student but it just seems like such a good deal. Have to order before Sunday so I don't get charged the $30 upgrade fee.

Anybody else make the switch from droid 2 to the razr maxx? Thanks.

The Razr maxx is excellent in the battery life area - There are times I can keep it on for approaching 36 hours or so before it goes into "the red". The screen is perfectly acceptable, the only issue I have is that there are two keys in landscape mode that don't always work, the "c" and "n" primarily.

mentalchaos

Reaction score
I coming from the Droid 2 Global as well. I should receive my Maxx on Tuesday. The cool part about that is that it was free. :icon_ lala::icon_ banana:

William_04_x

Reaction score
I had a D2G before I got my Maxx a couple of months ago. The Maxx is bigger, lighter, and much faster than the D2G. I don't have reboot, or power on/off issues. The Maxx battery easily lasts all day. It's a far superior device in every way. I'm very happy with my Maxx.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

Apex89

Reaction score
Yeah I came from the D2 also, you have nothing to worry about. You will be trying to slide out the keyboard for the first week or so though lol, but the screen is so large that typing on the screen is super easy to get used to. The only other thing that annoys me is that there isn't a physical hardware button for the camera, so it's a lot harder to take pics but other than that its a perfect phone!

William_04_x

Reaction score
You'll also be trying to wake the screen by pushing a power button that isn't on the top anymore. It took me a couple of weeks to break myself of that habit. Lol

From RAZR MAXX