So I'm a total n00b to the droid 3...

EricTheViking

Reaction score
and I'm having some trouble finding the information. i guess because its an older phone, i dunno. anyway, i got one that is sim unlocked to use on straight talk and i dig the phone. however, I'm used to phones with either a much larger dev group or at least I've been on board with them from the start. seems some of the links for pretty important stuff are gone. What I'd like to do is just get a good basic Rom, I don't need the latest and greatest, but it would be nice. however, i understand there seem to be some issues for us GSM users in that regard. mostly i wanted to introduce myself and ask nicely if you guys have the most handy links for someone using the phone as I am, it sure would be great because i keep getting the equivalent of "nothing to see here".

doogald

Reaction score
and I'm having some trouble finding the information. i guess because its an older phone, i dunno. anyway, i got one that is sim unlocked to use on straight talk and i dig the phone. however, I'm used to phones with either a much larger dev group or at least I've been on board with them from the start. seems some of the links for pretty important stuff are gone. What I'd like to do is just get a good basic Rom, I don't need the latest and greatest, but it would be nice. however, i understand there seem to be some issues for us GSM users in that regard. mostly i wanted to introduce myself and ask nicely if you guys have the most handy links for someone using the phone as I am, it sure would be great because i keep getting the equivalent of "nothing to see here".

My favorite at the moment is one called Minimoto. It's a stripped down, stock ROM, with much of the bloat removed. It's fast, and seems to use less battery than stock. Everything works (except the search button, but if you copy GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk from another ROM to /system/app and change permissions to rw, r, r then that will work as well.

[ROM - Stock-based] Minimoto v1.45 - Less is more. - xda-developers

I suggest installing Safestrap 3.05 for this one.

Hash-of-Codes