So, I'm a noob to Droidforums :)

chaosnyx

Reaction score
Well I guess I can start off that I am not really new to having a droid, I'm just not a fan of blogging or whatever you want to call this.

Specs:

Model: Droid X

Android Version: 2.3.5

ROM: MIUI v1.9.9

Kernal: Linux Version 2.6.32.9

Memory: 512MB

Storage: 6.54GB (Internal) 16GB (SD)

Processor: ARMv7 Single Core Processor rev 2 (v7l) 1000.00 MHz.

Battery: Li-ion 1925mV

Feel free to start up a conversation or talk about anything really. I'm new to all of this :).
dancedroid

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

I have a droid x as well and I love it. I am thinking about trying out MIUI so I just might have to soon.

OP
C

chaosnyx

Reaction score
Miui is by far the most custumizable rom I have ever used. It just got ported a couple of months ago so it's got bugs but I think they're not major enough to not use it. I definitely recommend it :D.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Welcome to DF!!

I have a droid x as well and I love it. I am thinking about trying out MIUI so I just might have to soon.

definitely try it, from the first time I flashed it I never wanted to go back to another ROM (although I did for a while when I was waiting for MIUI to move to the GB kernel)

also, chaosnyx, grab the newest update for MIUI, the battery life, wireless signal, and 3G speeds are all significantly better now that it's on the .602 kernel

OP
C

chaosnyx

Reaction score
definitely try it, from the first time I flashed it I never wanted to go back to another ROM (although I did for a while when I was waiting for MIUI to move to the GB kernel)

also, chaosnyx, grab the newest update for MIUI, the battery life, wireless signal, and 3G speeds are all significantly better now that it's on the .602 kernel

When I looked at the forums for miui v1.9.16 almost everyone said that the battery was stuck at 100% indefinitely and that wireless tether does not work so I decided to not update.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When I looked at the forums for miui v1.9.16 almost everyone said that the battery was stuck at 100% indefinitely and that wireless tether does not work so I decided to not update.

Cant speak for tethering but it has been updated to 1.9.16.1 to include a fix for the battery issue.

leftspin

Reaction score
they actually took down the 1.9.16 version they had up for a while, I'm on the fixed version they posted last night and everything is great. The last version of MIUI I was on before this was 1.8.19 and the new version is a huge improvement

also, I haven't been able to get tethering to work properly on any .602 based ROMs, is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

OP
C

chaosnyx

Reaction score
Yea tethering is my only way for internet since I'm a broke so until that's fixed I'll stay at 1.9.9

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. the only suggestion i have is to be careful of the language within this forum. I have edited ur last reply. other than that, enjoy ur stay...Aloha

OP
C

chaosnyx

Reaction score
Oops, I apologize, but thanks for letting me know :)

Sent from my ROOTED DROIDX using DroidForums