So IF the Droid will no longer be marketed...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Nibbz, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Nibbz

Nibbz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does that mean for us who still have contracts, and/or just upgraded to it? I'm ocdish and like having a phone that just came out, but when I got my droid it was the only option. (Droid X wasnt out, Droid 2 obviously still isnt out) I dunno maybe Im just being stupid or insecure about my phone not being the big bad phone anymore. I mean it'll still be supported by Google im sure, I mean we are supposed to be the next to get Froyo... what are your guys' thoughts?

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Sounds like your making a case to get an X

3. Nibbz

Nibbz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i mean or the 2 when it comes out, id prefer a keyboard. but im past my month, im locked into the droid for two years unless i buy a new droid (X or 2 when it comes out) with somebody elses upgrade and trade with them. But i have no takers just yet.

4. BRUINSdroidBOSTON

Ratings:
    +0
    there is always going to be a next best thing. It was only a matter of time. however you can overclock the droid to be faster than the nexus one...

5. liam.

liam. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They've phased out phones before it doesn't mean they aren't going to no longer acknowledge them. If You have a Droid it will still work. But as a business like vzw why would you want two different models of the same phone out? The original Droid will make way to the new one

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    i didn't think the Droid would be replaced only a year later, or even less with the Droid 2 rumors in august.

Kinda crazy to see how fast the cell phone industry is moving... gonna be a fun ride.

7. Nibbz

Nibbz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    fun ride my ass, every 6 months I want a new phone. SLOW DOWN CELL PHONE INDUSTRY lol

8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    When you buy a TV, within 6 months it will have a new model number and new features.

It's the same with every device so why not phones. You don't go upgrade your oven, tv, dishwasher, etc... every time they upgrade them do you?

Relax.

9. maxnicks

maxnicks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I still have 16 months on my Droid 1. My Droid is the coolest thing I've ever owned. I've no problem keeping it for the next 16 months. Praise the MotoGods that I'm not stuck with an IPhone.

10. Nibbz

Nibbz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah but I also dont carry any of those things and use them ALL DAY and could care a hell of a lot less about ANY miniscule new features they come out with in 6 months. I bought a 720p tv 2 years ago, love it still, dont care to upgrade until I have the money for a 3dHDTV. Phones are completely different I'm sorry but your argument just doesn't work.

11. Moreno

Moreno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would believe what he is trying to say, your still going to be stuck with the Droid by Motorola. I currently use it, I prefer a keypad then all touch screen. I got big thumbs and tend to push more then one touch key. It does suck that the Droid 2 is being released soon, but like he also said. You can overclock your Droid, but I believe over time your processor will wore out. and I believe overclocking does void your warranty or insurance.

12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +316
    Also, don't forget, the Droid 1 can flash custom roms. Highly unlikely the X will ever be able to do that, and that'll likely be the case with the 2 as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk