so if the droid plays mp4

ntrddragn

Reaction score
then why can't it play movies from iphonemoviez.net? those movies are in mp4. Im just curious.:)

D

dvdcatalyst

MP4 is a format that can contain a lot of different video and audio formats, and in addition, various settings used for the conversion itself also affect playablilty.

While most iPod/iPhone videos will work on the Droid, there are certain options in the creation of the file that work on those, while they don't work on the Droid, and the other way around.

JimmyD

Reaction score
There are also various software programs (for PC and Mac) that will allow you to take a video file you have and convert it into the correct format that can be played on your Droid.

Browse through the Droid Audio / Video sub-forum and you will find various threads about different video file conversion software programs available. Some are free, some are not, I've used 3 different free applications on my PC and they all worked perfectly. It's just up to you which UI you prefer when it comes to these programs.

Try some of these programs out with the mp4 files you have already downloaded.

Good luck with it!

D

dvdcatalyst

then why can't it play movies from iphonemoviez.net? those movies are in mp4. Im just curious.:)

It might be just the site too. I just went there on my iPod Touch, and that doesnt work either.

At the bottom of the page it includes a nice message that would explain:

No video? Get the DivX Webplayer for Windows or Mac

There is another site listed there, which shows diferent kinds of links for the content, and no MP4 there either.