1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So, if I want to go back to 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taypotts, Dec 22, 2009.

1. taypotts

taypotts New Member

I did the 2.1 update last night, but decided to go back and just get familiar with Root access first (i did them all in one sitting). If I want to go back to 2.1 do I just folow these steps:

Step 20: Extract the zip to your desktop, and copy the folder to your SDCARD/nandroid/console=tty$XXXX/ Folder.
    For example mine looked like this:
    "XXXX:sdcard\nandroid\console=ttyS2,115200n8\BCDMR S-20091219-1559"

Step 21: Once its copied over, unmount your droid from the pc, and open up Droid Root Helper Again.

Step 22: Once its open go all the way down and hit Reboot Recovery. Phone will reboot into Android System Recovery.
    IF YOU REBOOT AND IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE MY PICTURE BELOW THEN REDO STEP 11-12 AND REBOOT IN RECOVERY AGAIN TO FIX THIS. THEN PROCEED WITH STEP 23.

Step 23: Once you are back in boot recovery. Go down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and hit yes. After that is done go down to "wipe cache-partition" and hit yes. You have just wiped your phone clean.

Step 24: Go down to the Nandroid sub-menu and enter it. Now go down to Default Nandroid Restore (Latest) and it should start loading the backup that you downloaded from this website and onto your SDCARD not your personal backup.

Step 25: Once that is done loading might take a few minutes, go to the main menu, Reboot your phone.

or do I need to start from the beginning?
  2. taypotts

taypotts New Member

anyone know if this is all you have to do?
  3. xdxdaustinxdxd

xdxdaustinxdxd New Member

Sounds about rite. Incase i missed ny thing what you are essentually doing is the same thing u did with your 2.1 backup(when upgraded) as you would to get to any coustom rom from backup or backup
  4. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I'd like to make sure this is correct as well before trying it. Anyone care to confirm?
  5. zparrish

zparrish New Member

Wow, I think thats right, but not 100%.... It should be the same steps, but just remove the new image and replace with your old BCDMR Folder that you saved to your desktop
  6. taypotts

taypotts New Member

I mean if I was on 2.1 (already did all the steps) and went back to 2.0.1 then do I just do the last steps to get back to 2.1

I'm afraid if I do all that stuff with Droid helper it might mess something up.
  7. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I replaced the BCDMR folder with the one I copied from 2.0.1, turned phone off, held down X and power button, chose restore/backup, then chose restore (latest) just like when updating to 2.1, let it finish the process, then back out to main menu and reboot. My phone has now been restored back to 2.0.1.
  8. taypotts

taypotts New Member

Yeah, but I want to go back to 2.1 eventually and I need to know if I need to do all the steps or just replacing that file (BCDMR for 2.1) then loading it up?
  9. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Make a copy of the BCDMR file while you still have 2.1 and save it on your computer (just like you did when on 2.0.1). When you want to go back to 2.1, you will just replace the file again.
  10. xdxdaustinxdxd

xdxdaustinxdxd New Member

Ya. And like i said before( i was the guy who poasted first) you would do the same exact thing with any other backup to get to any other state.

Also let me possiable simplify things here. What version of the recovery.img are you running?
  11. taypotts

taypotts New Member

Ok, I just switched the file and recovered it again. I'm now back on 2.1