so i went back to the stock 550mhz today...

roberj13

Reaction score
Ran at 950Mhz, for two days on BB.74, then went to Sholes, but went down to 800Mhz because I was scared. Now at 1GHz, I thought I would notice the speed increase more. That said, my phone went to 550MHz because my battery was low, and I could definitely notice the speed decrease. Funny how that works, guess I am settled in at 1GHz... :)

mjs31

Reaction score
i am at 800mhz and there is no going back. there is also no going higher because if i decide i don't feel safe running higher i'm sure it'll feel slower back at 800. although i really don't see there being much difference between 800 and 950. there is a lot bigger difference between 550 and 800, than between 800 and 950.

800 is good enough for me. it's fast and i still feel safe.

I agree. 800 seems like the perfect number right now. I dont see myself going back (again) either. There is a noticable difference.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or maybe I am just not as susceptible to "perceived" performance? Or maybe my ROM just simply runs better than the bloated ones out there?

;)

There is nothing wrong with my phone, and yes, I even benchmarked it using setcpu. It does perform better, benchmark wise, at faster speeds.

Oh I forgot to mention, it booted up faster at 800. But being I don't reboot all that often... :)

I saw a greater performance gain optimizing the apks on my phone than I did overclocking to 800.

so, what did you do to optimize the apks on your phone? seriously, I'd like to know.

shademar

Reaction score
I've been running at 800mhz but after installing some updates today I noticed my phone became a bit laggier, with more delay on opening apps and a bit of a stutter between home screens. I started wondering whether the updates had messed something up and whether I needed to do a clean nandroid install...before realizing that my droid was still plugged into my computer and hence 'charging' (with a setCPU profile at 550Mhz max).

I don't think it's a matter of perception when you miss the presence of a thing without actually being cognizant that it's absent. That being said, I don't notice a difference between 800mhz and 1ghz on my phone, while others do, so clearly there's some hardware or perceptive differences at work...