so i was just at the verizon store and...

magma_camel

Reaction score
i went to the verizon store today because my phone (ever since ive had it) has had issus when plugged into the ac adapter. the touchscreen its completly random and the phone is hardly usable. so i went into the store to see if maybe it was the adapter. we plugged it up to another charger and the problem was still there and the rep saw it with his own eyes and thought it was odd. he then preceded to play with it himself AND i opend up setCPU in front of his eyes and also did things that would show the fact that im rooted running a custom rom such as the notification bar being black and all the icons differnt. then he says "well let me clean it up a bit inside and if it still doesnt work well get you a replacement"

at first im like umm ahhhh yeah ok because i assumed he knew i was rooted and that it voids the warrenty but apparently tthis guys [not so bright] or somehting and just about handed me a new phone.

so the moral of this story is that the guys at verizon = stupid.

oh and also after he cleaned it and iwas about to leave he says "oh hey whats that weather app you have on there its pretty cool"

i respond "oh its beautiful home, its part of beautiful widgets"

lol wtf

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
oh and also he said that the new froyo update would be comming shortly and that that might help the issue. i said i didnt want it since ive had froyo for months lol

engineman312

Reaction score
maybe you should just count your blessings that this guy over looked your warrenty voiding program for whatever reason, and not call him a retard. don't look a gift horse in the mouth

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score

I never figured it was illeagle...the point is wether or not a manufacture will continue support for a device after it has been "hacked"

The manufacture doesn't even have to have a warenty they can say go ahead and buy this but if it breaks to ****ing bad. Motorola and htc are being nice when they give warrentes. And by buying the phone you agree to not do whatever they say you can't do and if you do those things you void the warrenty

Ataranine

Reaction score
Why would you even take it to the store without restoring it using Verizon's sbf file first?
You got lucky, my friend.

Hell, with my luck, I'd have gotten arrested, beaten with billy clubs, taken to jail, and hanged. And my phone confiscated. That's my luck.

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
Why would you even take it to the store without restoring it using Verizon's sbf file first?
You got lucky, my friend.

Because I assumed it was the charger I was in with my phone a while back for the same reason however when I went ther it worked fine in front of the rep. I was expecting to just get a replacement charger this time

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, here's what I don't get.

The guy was cool, and gave you the replacement you went there looking for. He didn't make a big deal about you having modded it. So you make a thread calling him a retard? Wow, what a way to show gratitude. Maybe the guy was just smart enough to tell a hardware problem from a software problem, and decided not to call you out for having it rooted and running a custom ROM?

It's people like you who make people like him think twice about being nice. I mean, you're not complaining, per se. - but calling the VZW guy a 'retard' for hooking you up with a replacement device is not cool at all.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hell, with my luck, I'd have gotten arrested, beaten with billy clubs, taken to jail, and hanged. And my phone confiscated. That's my luck.

Uhh no, worst case is they'd say "Ataranine, you realize running non-approved software voids your warranty, right? Would you like to go ahead and process a claim with Asurion? (assuming you have insurance)"

Ataranine

Reaction score
OP, here's what I don't get.

The guy was cool, and gave you the replacement you went there looking for. He didn't make a big deal about you having modded it. So you make a thread calling him a retard? Wow, what a way to show gratitude. Maybe the guy was just smart enough to tell a hardware problem from a software problem, and decided not to call you out for having it rooted and running a custom ROM?

It's people like you who make people like him think twice about being nice. I mean, you're not complaining, per se. - but calling the VZW guy a 'retard' for hooking you up with a replacement device is not cool at all.
I wouldn't have called him retarded...maybe excessively oblivious. Either that or he was just cool as all hell.
You gotta admit that, at least.

Uhh no, worst case is they'd say "Ataranine, you realize running non-approved software voids your warranty, right? Would you like to go ahead and process a claim with Asurion? (assuming you have insurance)"
That was a joke, bud.

OP
magma_camel

magma_camel

Reaction score
I didn't want a replacement I wanted a charger...I mabe should have not called hoim retarted. And he was not "cool" as some people say he acctually didn't know what he was doing