So I uninstalled my Task Killer.....

Droooiiid

Reaction score
I have suddenly found navigating my phone to be quite snappy from screen to screen. No hang ups with my app doc. No redraws or slow transitions from call screen to call log to contacts. I'm using ADW as my home replacement right now, unrooted.

I invite others to remove their task killers if they haven't already and post your results here. I'll update my posts later if anything changes.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Task Killers work against the Android System, most users refuse to believe this, you my friend are one step ahead

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Task Killers work against the Android System, most users refuse to believe this, you my friend are one step ahead

Completely correct. Can't count the number of times I've seen posts beginning with "battery life is terrible" or "alarm on clock doesn't work correctly" and sure enough, it's the Task Killer causing the problems. I just manually work on my applications through the regular applications manager and get along fine.

searayman

Reaction score
see I felt mine go quicker today when I installed one lol, I have been back and forth though for months since the droid came out....

OP
D

Droooiiid

Reaction score

Thanks to the trusty folks here on the forum, I decided to purge my phone of that thing. So far looks very promising.

I know there are some others that love that app so I just wanted to let those that are holding out to do it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
see I felt mine go quicker today when I installed one lol, I have been back and forth though for months since the droid came out....

It's possible to use it to a benefit but you have to be very careful and know exactly what you're doing. A lot of people install it and let it go full bore killing everything. Huge mistake.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
The only reason this app was ever on my device is because the Verizon salesperson installed it on my phone within minutes of activation saying he had it on his ( shows what he knew ) Anyway I quickly figured out why nothing was working all the time and after a while pretty much everything was on the ignore list so what was the point?? I finally dumped it a couple days ago can't really say I've experienced any difference then before and after but it was probably the way I using or rather not using it.

OP
D

Droooiiid

Reaction score
The only reason this app was ever on my device is because the Verizon salesperson installed it on my phone within minutes of activation saying he had it on his ( shows what he knew ) Anyway I quickly figured out why nothing was working all the time and after a while pretty much everything was on the ignore list so what was the point?? I finally dumped it a couple days ago can't really say I've experienced any difference then before and after but it was probably the way I using or rather not using it.

well, like you said you had just about everything on our ignore list anyway.

Z Infidel

Reaction score
I just uninstalled mine. While I didn't notice any real problems we'll see how it works now. I also was unaware that the droids have their own task killers.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
I'm uninstalling mine right now....i never use it just sits there..................

oo3rex

Reaction score
I just uninstalled mine. While I didn't notice any real problems we'll see how it works now. I also was unaware that the droids have their own task killers.
They do indeed, its called Android OS, and its quite proficient at what it does. :icon_wink: