So... I think I just got Froyo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, are there any confirmed Froyo updates out yet? Other than OP, I have yet to see where someone actually has it...not just thinks they do...

OP, sorry that yours disappeared!

OP had pictures…..Or at least he had something.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Went to bed at 11 CST, woke up at 3 AM, grabbed my phone and saw this...

snap20100921_030312.png

So... yeah. Anyone else get this?

On the system version on my D2 it's listed as 2.2.20 A955. A955 is model number of course. Is MB810 the model # for the X?

Ralffers

Reaction score
Good point. Here's even a more important question though - what are we all doing posting on a forum at 4:00, 5:00, 6:00am?...LOL!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Good question. Even I don't do that. Well, I did once for an issue I had with a Blackberry but that was a long time ago.

I went to bed around 21:00 (which its unusually early for me), & woke up around 2:30; I was bored & couldn't sleep.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
this thread should be deleted.

Why should it be? My phone said 2.2, so i took pictures and put them up. I have no idea why my phone went back to saying 2.1, but you know i'm not pulling anyones leg because i took pictures. I will say that it went back to saying 2.1 when i started fiddling with Universal Androot. Still trying to figure out what happened. Maybe something just glitched. =(

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
It's not out yet... and the OP's screen caps are wrong version anyway...

BUT, Verizon just updated the DroidX Update support page..

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

Official Version will be 2.3.15 .... OH, if you want to download my Theme for it and have it ready for the update.. BGX v2315 is sitting on my download page waiting :)

Oh Hook, yes MB810 is DX Model #

15618d1285078989-so-i-think-i-just-got-froyo-2315.png

Attachments

• 2315.png
    2315.png
    28 KB · Views: 860

SoxFan894

Reaction score
So I wonder if us leaked users are going to get the OTA....I would hate to downgrade just to upgrade again...

garath

Reaction score
So I wonder if us leaked users are going to get the OTA....I would hate to downgrade just to upgrade again...

Motorola says you won't get the update. Now whether that is reality or not remains to be seen.

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
It's not out yet... and the OP's screen caps are wrong version anyway...

BUT, Verizon just updated the DroidX Update support page..

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

Official Version will be 2.3.15 .... OH, if you want to download my Theme for it and have it ready for the update.. BGX v2315 is sitting on my download page waiting :)

Oh Hook, yes MB810 is DX Model #

15618d1285078989-so-i-think-i-just-got-froyo-2315.png

Well that blows. I got all excited when I saw 2.2 show up. Oh well. Sorry everyone. No idea what happened, but sorry I jumped a bit there. At least it's showing up on the website (the announcement, not the update it seems). On the upside, maybe I can still win that pool... lol

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Actually you will need to downgrade to get the COMPLETE 2.2 Update.

The 2.2 leaks (2.3.9, 2.3.13 and 2.3.15) do not include the latest Kernel, Boot images etc . And even the 2.3.15 leak is not the full update due to the way the leak was made available (system area files only).

SO, in a nutshell, if you want to have the FULL 2.2 OTA , you got no choice that I am aware of. Start warming up RSD 4.7.......

SoxFan894

Reaction score
That is what I was thinking as well. That's is to bad, reinstalling all my apps and setting up the screens is a big pain in the ....

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
I love how people get so hyped over something that my 5 year old sister can make the phone say lol. It literally takes 4 seconds modding build.prop to make it display 2.2 lol hence why someone said this should be deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.