So I Ruined My Bionic And The Store Replaced It With A Razr With My Insurance

OP
skrtchsr

skrtchsr

Reaction score
Op: was this replaced through asurion, or some other insurance company? I would be willing to pay $100 for a swap from my bionic to the razr

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
It was replaced by Morehead Communications a Verizon Authorized Dealer based in Indiana with stores in Indiana and a couple other states, they do thier own Insurance as far as I have been told

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
OK, I'll chime in with a different result.

I bought the Bionic opening day and fell in love with that phone. It was the best phone I've had since my Dinc. Then wifey's iPhone died and she wanted to go back to Android, so I gave her my Bionic and bought a Razr. It too was a great phone, but I was still partial to the Bionic. The short battery life was just too much for me on the Razr, so I bought a Maxx and asked Wifey if she wanted my Razr. She said yes, so I put up everything we had on the bionic on Ebay and got ready to sell it to pay for the Maxx.

Day One: Wifey; "This thing is dead already? How do I increase the battery life?" I showed her smart actions.
Day Two: Wifey; "How do I get rid of this Smart Action crap?" I showed her how to hide stuff she didn't like.
Day Three: Wifey; "Seriously, why can't this phone last all day? My Bionic lasted all day. I never had to charge it." Me; "Would you like your Bionic back?" Wifey; "Ah ya!"

Removed Bionic from Ebay, drove to Verizon that night to setup Bionic, because of course the two SIM cards are not the same, and placed an order for Gazelle to sell my old Razr.

Moral of the story, the Bionic is a great phone. One of the best out there still. My Maxx is great and I like it, but I still miss my Bionic and Wifey loves her Bionic.

DROID11

Reaction score
OK, I'll chime in with a different result.

I bought the Bionic opening day and fell in love with that phone. It was the best phone I've had since my Dinc. Then wifey's iPhone died and she wanted to go back to Android, so I gave her my Bionic and bought a Razr. It too was a great phone, but I was still partial to the Bionic. The short battery life was just too much for me on the Razr, so I bought a Maxx and asked Wifey if she wanted my Razr. She said yes, so I put up everything we had on the bionic on Ebay and got ready to sell it to pay for the Maxx.

Day One: Wifey; "This thing is dead already? How do I increase the battery life?" I showed her smart actions.
Day Two: Wifey; "How do I get rid of this Smart Action crap?" I showed her how to hide stuff she didn't like.
Day Three: Wifey; "Seriously, why can't this phone last all day? My Bionic lasted all day. I never had to charge it." Me; "Would you like your Bionic back?" Wifey; "Ah ya!"

Removed Bionic from Ebay, drove to Verizon that night to setup Bionic, because of course the two SIM cards are not the same, and placed an order for Gazelle to sell my old Razr.

Moral of the story, the Bionic is a great phone. One of the best out there still. My Maxx is great and I like it, but I still miss my Bionic and Wifey loves her Bionic.

I didn't know a phone could have worse battery life than the bionic. I think between having a dual core processor and the fact that I haven't rooted and deleted all of this blurware I mean bloatware. I had the thunderbolt before this and could last most of the day. The bionic lasts significantly less than the bolt did with less or similar usage. My buddy that has a razr hasn't complained about battery life yet, maybe its hit or miss?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Maybe. Our Bionic has never had any problems with battery life, but the Razr was horrible. I could go almost an entire shift with the Bionic, but only 5-6 hours on the Razr.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's insurance fraud...

Sent from my Axiom [R]azr
You're right. Please no discussion how to commit fraud.

To the O.P. - what insurance plan did you have? Best Buy? I ask this because if you have Asurion, you handle your replacements with Asurion, not a VZW store. And, the fact you got the Razr, I not sure if you think we should pity you that you have to buy the accessories. It's the same as if you got any other legitimate upgrade to another phone and it's not compatible with the previous one.