So I rooted today

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Z4root does it in one click..? Still important to know what's being done "behind the scenes" though for future reference. If you're really nervous about it, don't do it! Not everyone needs to be rooted.

I could be wrong because I'm not hip to rooting and roms and all that. I'm pretty savvy with tech stuff but no matter how much I read about rooting and roms it seems to be so difficult and I get too scared that I'll brick my phone. I wish I could just root the phone and make a few changes to the bloat ware and I guess the battery is supposed to run better with a root app which I need bad.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!

powell730

Reaction score
Z4root does it in one click..? Still important to know what's being done "behind the scenes" though for future reference. If you're really nervous about it, don't do it! Not everyone needs to be rooted.

DroidForums junkie!

Yes it does it in one click. I downloaded and did it a few weeks ago and then was totally lost as to what I needed to do at that point so I un rooted. I also read somewhere that you shouldn't leave your phone rooted all the time cuz it can burn it up? Don't think there is much truth to that but since I had the phone for 48 hours and was totally new to the whole root thing I wasn't about to chance it :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's a new one for me! I've been rooted nearly 6 months with 0 issues. Like I said, its up to you and you alone whether to root or not. I prefer the long way of rooting myself vs one click apps but that's me.

DroidForums junkie!

Yes it does it in one click. I downloaded and did it a few weeks ago and then was totally lost as to what I needed to do at that point so I un rooted. I also read somewhere that you shouldn't leave your phone rooted all the time cuz it can burn it up? Don't think there is much truth to that but since I had the phone for 48 hours and was totally new to the whole root thing I wasn't about to chance it :)

DroidForums junkie!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Regarding root, I simply followed step by step directions on this forum. Now it literally is one click with z4root. Get ROM Manager and make a backup before every ROM switch you do. And you can't go wrong. I avoided root for 8 months for the same reasons after I got my d1. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. Just be smart, yet be fearless as bricking a phone is not as easy as some make you think.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here! One click apps weren't around back then. I highly doubt I'd know what I do know if they had been though.

Regarding root, I simply followed step by step directions on this forum. Now it literally is one click with z4root. Get ROM Manager and make a backup before every ROM switch you do. And you can't go wrong. I avoided root for 8 months for the same reasons after I got my d1. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. Just be smart, yet be fearless as bricking a phone is not as easy a some make you think.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!